Is your Outlook list too cluttered, and you can’t find the desired contact in the time of need? Luckily, you can now quickly delete contacts from the Outlook app, giving it a cleaner look.
To delete contacts from the Outlook app, open the app on your PC, click the “Contacts” tab and select a contact. Click “Delete” from the ribbon on the screen. To remove contacts from Outlook mobile app, tap the “Search” tab. Select “Contacts” at the top and tap the contact, and tap “Delete Contact” at the bottom.
We have put together a comprehensive guide for you on deleting contacts from the Outlook app using simple step-by-step methods.
- Deleting Contacts From the Outlook App
- Deleting Contacts From the Outlook Autocomplete List
Deleting Contacts From the Outlook App
If you are wondering how to delete contacts from the Outlook app, our 4 step-by-step methods will help you perform this task without much effort.
Method #1: Using the Outlook Desktop App
Here are the steps you need to follow to delete contacts from your Outlook desktop app.
- Open the Outlook app on your PC and click “Contacts”.
- Choose a contact.
- If you want to delete more contacts, hold the Ctrl key and select multiple contacts.
- Click “Delete” from the ribbon showing on the screen.
If you have accidentally deleted a contact, you can restore it by pressing the Ctrl + Z keys.
Method #2: Using the Android App
If you use the Outlook app on an Android device, use these steps to delete the contacts.
- Launch the Outlook app and tap the search icon at the bottom.
- Select the “Contacts” option from the top.
- Open the contact you want to delete.
- Tap “Delete Contact”.
Method #3: Using the iOS App
Deleting contacts from your Outlook iOS app with these steps is possible.
- Launch the Outlook iOS app.
- Tap “Search”.
- Tap “People”.
- Select and tap the contact you wish to delete and open it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the selected contact and tap “Delete Contact”.
Method #4: Using the Outlook Web App
If you prefer a browser to use Outlook, do these steps to delete contacts.
- Open the Outlook app in a browser.
- Click the “People” icon.
- Select the contact you wish to delete. It is possible to select more than one contact by clicking the entries, and you will see checkmarks next to them.
- Once all the desired contacts are selected, click the “Delete” option at the top.
- Choose “Delete” from the pop-up menu for confirmation.
Deleting Contacts From the Outlook Autocomplete List
You can also delete the addresses from the Outlook autocomplete list to give a much cleaner look to your email interface using our 3 step-by-step methods below.
Method #1: Deleting a Single Contact
Here are the steps you need to follow to delete a single contact from your Outlook autocomplete list.
- Tap the “New Message” option at the top to create a new email.
- In front of the “To” option, enter the address or name you wish to delete.
- You will find all the available matches in the autocomplete list below.
- Press the down arrow on your keyboard and highlight the option you want to delete from the list.
- Select the “X” icon next to the contact or hit the Delete key to remove the selected entry.
Method #2: Deleting All Contacts
It is possible to delete all the entries on Outlook’s autocomplete list with the below steps.
- Open the Outlook app on your PC and click the “File” tab.
- Select “Options” and choose the “Mail” category.
- Choose the “Empty Auto-Complete List” option from the “Send messages” section.
- Choose “Yes” from the dialog box to confirm.
You can turn off the autocomplete list and stop it from suggesting recipients on your Outlook app. For this, clear the “Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names” option when filling the “To”, “Cc”, and “Bcc” fields.
Method #3: Using the Outlook Web App
You can delete contacts from the autocomplete list on your Outlook web app in the following way.
- Open the Outlook web app on your PC.
- Select the “People” icon on the screen.
- Click the contact containing the email address you wish to remove from the autocomplete list. To find the contact or email address quickly, put it in the search box. Select the “Edit” option next to the selected contact.
- From the “Edit contact” menu, remove the unwanted address and click “Save”.
You have successfully removed the contact from the Outlook web app, and it won’t appear in the autocomplete list anymore.
In this guide, we have discussed how to delete contacts from the Outlook app on different devices, including your PC, Android, and iOS. We have also looked into removing the unwanted contacts/addresses from the Outlook autocomplete list.
We hope one of these methods has worked for you, and you can now enjoy a decluttered Outlook interface.