Facebook Stories posted from your iPhone are shared with your selected audience for 24 hours, and you can view them again in the Archive afterward. But what if you want to delete your Facebook story before the 24-hour time frame is over?
To delete a Facebook Story from your iPhone, go to the Facebook app, tap “Your Story” at the top of the News Feed, and select the story you want to remove. Next, tap on the three dots in the top-right corner and choose “Delete Photo” or “Delete Video” to erase it.
In this guide, we will discuss how to delete Facebook stories on iPhone with the help of easy-to-follow steps and instructions.
- Why Delete Facebook Stories
- Deleting Facebook Stories on iPhone
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Delete Facebook Stories
Facebook Stories lets you connect with your friends by sharing photos and videos. But sometimes, you may want to delete a Facebook Story for the following reasons.
- You accidently shared a video or photo from the iPhone Photos app and want to remove it.
- You aave second thoughts after uploading a Facebook Story.
- You want to edit a Facebook Story or add a caption and repost it.
- You posted the same Story twice and want to delete one of them.
Deleting Facebook Stories on iPhone
Removing a Facebook Story on your iPhone differs depending on whether you want to delete a current Story or an archived one. However, our step-by-step instructions will help you accomplish both tasks.
So without further ado, let us discuss the three methods for deleting the Facebook Story on iPhone.
Method #1: Deleting a Current Story
If you use the Facebook app on your iPhone and want to delete a current story, here is how.
- Open your iPhone and launch the Facebook app from your home screen.
- Tap “Your Story” at the top of the News Feed.
- Tap the photo or video you want to delete; when it opens, tap the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Choose “Delete Photo” or “Delete Video” on the new pop-up menu.
- A pop-up window will open; confirm “Delete” to remove your current Facebook Story on your iPhone.
If you delete your Story from Facebook, it will also be deleted from Messenger.
Method #2: Deleting an Archived Story
Once the Facebook Stories expire, they are saved to the Archive folder. With these steps, you can also delete your Facebook Story from the Archive folder.
Step #1: Opening Your Facebook Profile
Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone. Tap the three horizontal lines or the hamburger menu, which on the iPhone is in the bottom-right corner. Next, tap on your Facebook profile and the three dots next to “Edit Profile“.
Step #2: Finding the Archived Story
Your “Profile Settings” menu will open up. From there, select “Archive” and tap “Story Archive“. Select the Story from which you wish to delete items and tap the particular photo or video you want to remove. This will open the photo or video page.
Step #3: Deleting the Archived Story
Tap the three dots in the top-right corner. Choose the “Delete Photo” or “Delete Video” option depending on the item you delete. Confirm “Delete” to remove the archived story.
Method #3: Deleting a Facebook Story on Safari
Deleting a Facebook story from the iPhone’s native browser, Safari, is slightly different from deleting it from the Facebook app. Here is how.
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone from the home screen.
- Go to the Facebook website and sign in to your account with the correct login credentials.
- Tap your Story at the top-left corner of the News Feed or tap “Your Archive” at the top-right of the News Feed.
- Select the current or archived Story you want to delete.
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner to delete the photo or video from your Facebook Story and choose “Delete” in the prompt.
After completing all the above steps, you can delete your Facebook Story successfully.
In this guide on how to delete a Facebook story on iPhone, we have looked into the reasons for removing a Facebook story and discussed how it is possible using multiple methods.
Hopefully, you won’t panic if you accidentally posted something on your Facebook story that you want to remove immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
To hide your Facebook story from specific people, add a photo or video to your story. Next, tap “Privacy” in the bottom left and select “Friends“. Next, select the “Hide Story From” option, choose the people from your Friend list from whom you wish to hide your story, and tap “Save”.