Music has always been a part of our lives. Whether relaxing at home, working out at the gym, or hanging out with friends, music helps us get into the mood. But sometimes, You may want to get rid of some old music that you no longer listen to but don’t know how to do it.
You can delete the music from your iPhone in three different ways. You can follow any one method which is more convenient for you. You can delete it through the iPhone Settings, directly from the Music app, or via iTunes.
In this article, we will show you how to delete music from your iPhone in 3 different methods.
Method #1: Using Settings
One of the quickest and easiest methods is to delete music from your iPhone using iPhone Settings, which lets you delete one specific or multiple songs at a time.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap “General” > “Storage” > “Music”.
- Tap “Edit” in the top-right corner.
- Select the red minus (-) button on one or multiple songs simultaneously.
- Click “Done” in the top-right corner to delete all the selected songs from your iPhone.
If you want to get rid of all the music on your iPhone, you can tap the “Delete App” button. This option will delete all the songs at once. However, this option will also delete the Music app from your iPhone.
Method #2: Using the Music App
This method will let you delete music from your iPhone by track or album. You won’t get the option to choose specifically on the Music app. Instead, you will have to delete songs by track or album.
- Open your Music app on your iPhone.
- Go to the “Library” tab.
- Long-press the album or track you want to delete.
- Select “Delete from Library”.
- Tap “Delete Album” to confirm the action.
This method will be easy for you if you want to delete the music by track or album from your iPhone device.
Method #3: Using iTunes
If you have a Mac or PC, you can connect your iPhone to it and delete all the unnecessary songs on your iPhone. You will get the iTunes app by default on the Mac. Using a Windows device, you must download and install the iTunes app before following the steps below.
- Connect your iPhone through a USB cable to your Mac or PC.
- Open the iTunes app.
- Click the iPhone icon on the top-left side of the screen.
- Under Settings, click “Music”.
- Make sure the “Sync Music” button is ticked.
- You will see a list of music by playlists, artists, albums, and genres. Untick the songs you want to delete.
- Once you untick all the songs, click the “Apply” button. This will delete the selected music on your iPhone immediately.
That’s it. This is how you can delete music from your iPhone using iTunes by connecting to your Mac or PC.
We have seen the 3 best possible methods to delete music from iPhone using Settings, the Music app, and iTunes. By following any one method, you can delete music from your iPhone. Deleting old songs can free up space on your iPhone, which you can use for other purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can delete multiple or all the songs from your iPhone library in 3 different ways. You can delete the songs through your iPhone Settings, Music app, or iTunes app by connecting your iPhone to Mac or PC.
Go to your iPhone Settings. Select “General” > “Storage” > “Music”. Here you will see the list of the playlist. One pop-up will appear when you hold on to the playlist you want to remove. Tap the “Remove” button, and tap “Remove Downloads”. This will delete a playlist from your iPhone but not from your library.
You can clean up your Apple Music Library in 3 different ways: your iPhone Settings, Music app, or iTunes app by connecting your iPhone to a Mac or PC through the USB cable. Check this article for detailed instructions.