Are you running out of memory? You should get rid of your unwanted photo albums.
You need to access the Photos app on your iPhone to delete a photo album. Click on the “Albums” tab and delete the selected albums from your device. You can also use the Google Photos app and follow the same steps.
In this article, you’ll find ways to delete an album you created or other albums that iPhone itself made.
Method #1: Using the Photos App
You may be aware of the Photos app on the iPhone. It’s apple’s native app to delete the required albums. iOS photos are present in apple’s native Photos app.
Photos app on iPhone helps us to organize, add, and delete photos. This app contains images that you’ve captured by yourself, or you may have downloaded from the internet and different apps.
How will you delete a photo album using the photos app? Here are the steps.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Click on the tab “Albums”.
- Tap the “See All” option in the “My Album” section.
- Tap “Edit”.
- A red icon will appear on every folder. Scroll, find the folder you want to delete, and click the icon.
- A verification note will appear on the screen. Click “Delete Album”.
Deleting the photo album from the Photos app doesn’t delete the photos. You can delete them from the Libraries folder of the Photos app.
Method #2: Using Google Photos
Many of us use smartphones to capture photos, and we’ve thousands of photos in our galleries.
What if the Photos app not working? We may need another app to delete the albums to set your phone memory free. You can use the Google Photos app.
Follow the steps below.
- Install the Google Photos app on your iPhone. It’s not an inbuilt app for iPhone. You need to install it for viewing or deleting albums and images.
- Open the app and sign in to your Google account.
- Open the album you want to delete.
- Tap the “More” button.
- Delete the album.
Like before, photos and videos will remain there even if you delete the album. You’ve to delete it from the library.
If you also want to delete the images, there are specific steps.
- Open Google Photos on your iPhone.
- Select the items to delete.
- Click “Delete” from the device.
You can delete 1,500 items from Google Photos or SD cards at the same time. Now, we can also delete albums as well as photos in it.
Method #3: Deleting Synced Albums
We can’t delete default albums, like “Screenshots”, as the iPhone Photos app creates them.
Syncing your iPhone with iTunes will upload all the photos within the iTunes app on your iPhone.
To delete such albums, you must connect to your computer with the iTunes app installed. Then, delete the photos from there.
If you want to know the strategies to delete an album, this section is what you should use.
You can disable the option for syncing photos in iTunes, which will make all your iPhone photos unavailable.
- Link your iPhone to your computer using a USB.
- Open “iTunes” and select your device on it.
- Click the “Menu”; select the albums from the “Copy Photos” option.
- Deselect the albums whose photos you want to delete.
- The iPhone will delete the album.
It’ll not sync the photos from the deselected albums, which will remove the images for those albums from your iPhone.
Deleting photo albums from iPhone is super easy. You should try to maintain minimalist and abolish extra albums in your gallery. If you are running out of memory, you can follow the guidelines to help yourself.
You can use different apps for deleting albums. For instance, Photo App on iPhone, or you may download the Google Photo App. You can also delete other permanent albums using iTunes.
All you’ve to do is to connect your device to a computer to accomplish the task.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, when we delete an album, the images in it remain in the iPhone memory. You’ve to delete it from your phone library.
Yes, if the Photos app is not functioning, you may download Google Photos to delete albums. Google Photos is not an inbuilt iPhone app.
Such albums are difficult to delete, but we use the iTunes app to delete them. We’ve to connect our iPhone to the computer with iTunes installed.