Sometimes, we will need to delete recent calls on our Apple Watch. For instance, when the memory gradually gets full and the Watch starts processing slowly, clearing unneeded app data like recent calls will help recover storage space.
Also, as our Apple Watch is constantly worn on our hands, it is prone to accidental touch when the screen is active. In such an instance, if the Apple Watch Phone app is functional after making a call, we forget to lock the screen and cause an accidental touch to initiate a call.
To clear all or some of your recent calls on your Apple Watch, go to your iPhone/iPad to delete your recent calls.
In the remainder of this write-up, you will see the step-by-step process of deleting recent calls on your Apple Watch. Further, you will learn other things you can do on your Apple Watch, such as transferring contacts from your Apple Watch to your iPhone/iPad.
- How To Delete Recent Calls on Apple Watch
- How To Clear All Calls on Apple Watch at Once
- Why Is My Phone App Not Synchronizing With My Apple Watch?
- How To Uninstall the Phone App From Apple Watch
- How To Download the Phone App on Apple Watch
- How To Transfer Contacts From Apple Watch to iPhone
- Frequently Asked Questions
How To Delete Recent Calls on Apple Watch
To delete recent calls on your Apple Watch, go to your iPhone or iPad Phone app and clear the “Recent Calls” list.
If your iPhone is synchronized to your Apple Watch, your recent calls will be automatically cleared on the Apple Watch.
Here are the steps to delete recent individual calls on your Apple Watch.
- Tap the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Click on the “Recents” icon. It will present to you also your recent calls. It includes the calls you missed, received, and the ones you dialed.
- Click “Edit” in the upper right corner.
- Hit the minus icon at the left end to delete individual calls.
- Tap “Delete”.
When you open your Apple Watch, you will see that your recent calls have also been cleared. This process is an excellent way to remove stuff from your Apple Watch.
How To Clear All Calls on Apple Watch at Once
Here is how to clear all calls simultaneously.
- Tap the Phone app.
- Click “Recents”.
- Click “Edit”.
- Tap “Clear” in the upper left corner.
- Click on “Clear All Recents”. It will clear all your recently made calls on your Apple Watch.
Why Is My Phone App Not Synchronizing With My Apple Watch?
If you have problems synchronizing your calls list on your iPhone and your Apple Watch, you should ensure you follow the fixes below.
- Update your Apple Watch operating system.
- Update your iPhone/iPad operating system.
- Unpair and re-pair the Apple Watch to your iPhone/iPad.
- Switch off and later switch on your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
- Update your iPhone Phone app.
- Update your Apple Watch Phone app.
How To Uninstall the Phone App From Apple Watch
To save space on your Apple Watch, uninstall the Phone app from your Apple Watch.
The following are the two ways to uninstall the Apple Watch Phone app depending on whether your home screen is on Grid view or List view.
On Grid View
- Go to the home screen of your Apple Watch.
- If your apps are on Grid view, navigate to the app you want to delete and long press it. Once it jiggles, tap the “x” button.
- Tap the Digital Crown to confirm that you want to delete it.
On List View
- You should swipe the app to the left if it is on the list view.
- Click “Delete”.
- Tap the Digital Crown button to confirm your action.
How To Download the Phone App on Apple Watch
After uninstalling the Phone app, you can download it if you decide to start making and receiving calls on your Apple Watch.
Here are ways to download the Phone app on your Apple Watch.
- Go to the home screen of your Apple Watch by pressing the Digital Crown button.
- Tap “App Store” > “Search”. It will bring out the apps you can download to your Apple Watch.
- Click “Get”.
- Double-press the Digital Crown button to install the app.
How To Transfer Contacts From Apple Watch to iPhone
You cannot manage or transfer your contacts on your Apple Watch to your iPhone. However, you can manage them in your iPhone Contact app if you pair them.
If your phone reset and you lost your contact list, you can still find a way to retrieve it from your iPhone if it has been previously backed up to iCloud.
To back up your iPhone contacts to iCloud, go to Settings > “Apple ID Account Name” > iCloud”. Then, turn on “Contacts”.
The Apple Watch has made it easier to perform essential smartphone functions without carrying our iPhones or iPads everywhere. Our Apple Watch could help us achieve tasks such as creating and receiving phone calls, sending and receiving messages, and many more.
However, the function that the watch can perform is limited. For this reason, we need our iPhones to perform functions such as clearing recent calls from the Apple Watch. Removing the recent calls list is easy. You should follow the steps in this article to clear your recent calls and let your Apple Watch have more memory space.
Frequently Asked Questions
The friend feature on the Apple Watch makes or receives phone calls. It is used for receiving and sending messages as well.
However, you won’t find the friend feature if you have Apple Watch OS 3.0 and above.
Instead, you can only place a call using your Apple Watch Phone and Message app or Siri.