Do you have a lot of apps installed on your iPhone with premium subscriptions? Are one or more subscriptions expired or are of no use to you, and do you want to delete them from your iPhone? Luckily, doing this is quite a straightforward process.
To delete subscriptions on iPhone, go to Settings > Your Profile > Subscriptions. Tap any active subscription you want to remove. Tap “Cancel Subscription” and then “Confirm.”
We took the time to write a step-by-step guide on checking and deleting subscriptions on iPhone with the help of multiple methods. We will also discuss how to hide past subscriptions on your device.
Checking Active App Subscriptions on iPhone
Here is how you can quickly check active subscriptions on your iPhone to decide which one to keep and delete:
- Open “Settings” and tap the “Profile” icon at the top of the page.
- Tap “Subscriptions.”
- Wait for a few seconds till the subscriptions page appears and view all your active subscriptions.
You can also see expired subscriptions on the subscriptions page.
Deleting Subscriptions on iPhone
If you are wondering how to delete subscriptions on your iPhone, the following three step-by-step methods will help you accomplish the task without facing too much difficulty.
Method #1: Through iPhone Settings
Follow these steps for deleting subscriptions on your iPhone via the Settings app:
- Tap “Settings.”
- Tap your “Profile (Name/Apple ID)” at the top, and tap “Subscriptions.”
- You will see a list of subscriptions, i.e., both active and expired.
- Tap any active subscription that you want to cancel.
- Tap “Cancel Subscription” and tap the “Confirm” option.
If you are using the free trial of an app, you need to choose the “Cancel Free Trial” option to delete your subscription. In such cases, the subscription will expire only once the billing period ends.
Method #2: Through App Store
You can also delete your subscriptions on your iPhone with App Store by following the steps below.
- Launch App Store on your device.
- Tap your profile at the top-right of the screen.
- Choose “Manage Subscriptions.”
- Tap any of the active subscriptions that you wish to delete.
- Tap “Cancel Subscription” at the bottom to delete the app subscription successfully. You can continue using the app till the next billing date if you are on the free trial period.
Method #3: Deleting Subscriptions on iOS 12 or Earlier
If you have an iPhone running on iOS 12 or earlier version, here are the steps you need to follow to cancel the subscription.
- Launch the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to “Your Profile”> “iTunes & App Store.”
- Tap “Apple ID” and tap “View Apple ID.”
- Scroll down and tap “Subscriptions” to find all your active and expired subscriptions.
- Tap an app from the active subscription list and select “Cancel Subscription.”
- Tap “Confirm” to successfully delete the subscription on iPhone.
Hiding Past Subscriptions on iPhone
If you want to hide the past subscriptions on your iPhone, you can quickly do this by following the steps below.
- Tap the “Settings” app and tap “iTunes & App Store” from the menu.
- Tap “Subscriptions” on the iTunes & App Store page.
- Toggle off the switch next to the subscriptions you don’t want to see, and all the chosen subscriptions will disappear from the screen.
You can also hide the subscriptions by choosing the “Hide Subscription” option from the bottom of the page.
In this guide about deleting subscriptions on iPhone, we have looked at the method of checking the active subscriptions on your device. We have also explored multiple ways of deleting app subscriptions on your iPhone via Settings and App Store.
Deleting a subscription on iPhone running on iOS 12 or earlier is also something we covered in this write-up.
In addition, we looked into the process of hiding past subscriptions on your device. Hopefully, one of these methods has worked for you, and you can now successfully remove all your unwanted subscriptions.
Frequently Asked Questions
To stop the monthly subscription for an app on iPhone, you need to turn off the auto-renewal of that app on your device. For this, go to “Settings,” select “Your Name”, tap “Media & Purchases”, and choose “View Account.“ Go to “Subscriptions”, choose the app subscription you want to stop the monthly renewal for, and toggle off “Auto-Renewal.“
To cancel an Apple Music subscription on your iPhone, open “Settings,” tap on “Your Profile, choose “Subscriptions”, and tap “Music.” Select “Cancel Subscription”, and you will successfully get rid of the Apple Music subscription on your device.