Some people decide to delete the Lyft app on their phone if they know they won’t be using it for some time. Others can choose to delete it if they are moving to a new country where Lyft is not in operation.
Others may decide to delete the Lyft app if they have an issue unresolved with Lyft. Whatever the reason, we will provide you with ways to delete the Lyft app from your device.
You can delete the app by uninstalling it from your smartphone only. Alternatively, you can clear your account information and details on your Lyft account and uninstall it.
Things to see in this article are ways to delete the Lyft app from your device. What will happen when you delete your Lyft account and how to start a new Lyft account?
How To Delete the Lyft App
If you are no longer interested in booking a ride, you can uninstall the Lyft app from your smartphone.
Deleting the Lyft app on the smartphone on the Lyft website is easy.
You should also note that if you delete the Lyft app, Lyft retains some of your information whether you have an active account with Lyft or not. When you reinstall the Lyft app, you will still find some of your records saved on the app.
Here is how to delete the Lyft app from your smartphone.
- Click the Lyft app on your Android or iPhone and log in to your account.
- Tap the “Menu” button and click “Help”.
- Swipe to the bottom of the screen and click “Profile and Account Settings” under “Get Help”.
- Select “Delete My Account”.
- Confirm the message notifying you that Lyft will delete your account.
- Once you have permitted Lyft to delete the app, your account will get deactivated.
How To Delete Your Account on Lyft’s Website
Rather than the Lyft app, you can use the website to delete your Lyft account.
Here are the steps to delete the Lyft account from the Lyft web version.
- Go to https://www.lyft.com/.
- Input your sign-in credentials and log in.
- Go to the “Lyft Support” page.
- On the support page, click “I’m a passenger” or “I am a driver”.
- Tap “Profile and Account Settings”.
- From the settings options, choose “Delete My Account”.
How To Delete Your Lyft Ride History
Here are the steps to clear the Lyft ride history on your mobile app.
- Open your Lyft mobile app.
- Tap on the bar “Menu” and click “History”.
- Select the ride you want to get the history cleared.
- Click the “Delete” icon.
What Happens When You Delete Your Lyft Account?
When you delete your Lyft account, you lose some of the data saved on your Lyft account. The data you will lose are your ride history, contacts, settings, and eligibility for promos and discounts.
However, Lyft will keep some of your profile information, like your name and address.
Can You Get Your Lyft Account Reactivated?
Yes, you can get your Lyft account reactivated if you deactivate it.
How Do You Recover Your Deleted Lyft Account?
The following are the steps to reactivate your Lyft account.
- Go to Lyft.com and sign in.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap “Contact Support”.
- Choose “I Can’t Access My Account”.
- Select “I am a Driver” from the options presented to you.
- Click “Profile and Account Settings” and determine “My Account Is Deactivated”.
- From the list provided, like a possible reason Lyft deactivated your account.
- If you don’t get a response, click “I still need help” and fill out the form showing “Tell Us more so our team can help you quickly”.
- Put in the necessary details in the form, such as why your account was deactivated. Also, attach the required files and photographs.
When you delete your Lyft app, you may lose some records on it. However, Lyft still retains some details about you on their records. Deleting the Lyft app may be necessary for several reasons, and this article contains information that will guide you to do so successfully.
Frequently Asked Questions
To view your Lyft ride receipts, open the Lyft app and navigate to the app menu. After that, select “Ride history”.
Another way to see your Lyft ride receipt is to check the email you use to register on your Lyft account.
You can delete your Lyft ride history by navigating the “History” tab in your Lyft app.
It could take less than 3 minutes to initiate the deletion of your Lyft account on the mobile app. However, for your account to get deleted entirely, Lyft has to authorize it.
It could take anything between a day to 45 days for Lyft to confirm the approval of your account deletion.
However, Lyft will not delete your account if there are any pending issues relating to trust, safety, fraud, and debt.