Are you tired of mindlessly scrolling on the TikTok app and compromising your productivity? Well, the short fix here is to rip off the bandaid and delete the TikTok app.
To delete the TikTok app, navigate to the TikTok app from the home screen, tap and hold it until it begins shaking, tap the “-“ icon, and select “Delete App”. Choose “Delete” to confirm your action.
We have written a comprehensive step-by-step guide on deleting the TikTok App to make things easy for you. We will also discuss downloading TikTok drafts to avoid losing them before deleting the app.
Downloading TikTok Data
Before deleting TikTok on your device, it is better to download your data by following these simple steps.
- Launch the TikTok app on your and open your profile.
- Click the three horizontal lines and select “Settings and Privacy”.
- Tap “Manage Account”; tap “Download TikTok data” and select the file format.
- Choose “Request Data”.
Your data will be downloaded in a few days after TikTok has approved it. You can download it through the “Download data” tab without trouble!
Deleting the TikTok App
If you’re struggling with how to delete the TikTok app on your device, our 3 step-by-step methods will help you do this task quickly.
Method #1: Deleting TikTok From iOS Devices
To delete the TikTok app from iPhones or iPads, use the following steps.
- Navigate to the TikTok app from the Home screen.
- Hold the TikTok app icon for a few seconds until it shakes.
- Tap the “-” icon on the right side and choose “Delete App”.
- Tap “Delete” to confirm your decision, and you’re done!
Method #2: Deleting TikTok From Android Devices
If you want to delete the TikTok app from your Android smartphone or tablet, follow these steps.
- Open Settings.
- Tap “Apps/Apps Manager/Apps Management”.
- Tap “TikTok”.
- Tap “Uninstall” from the bottom and tap “OK” to confirm your action.
You can also delete the TikTok app by going to your Home screen and holding on to the TikTok app icon until it displays a list of options, and then tap “Uninstall” to remove the application.
Deactivating a TikTok Account
If you’re afraid that deleting the app may be a temporary fix for habitual scrolling, you can choose to deactivate your TikTok account with the following step-by-step methods.
Method #1: Using the TikTok App
To deactivate your TikTok account using the TikTok app, follow these steps.
- Launch TikTok.
- Tap the three horizontal lines and choose “Settings and Privacy”.
- Tap “Manage account”.
- Tap “Delete Account”.
- Tap “Continue”, and your TikTok account will be deactivated for 30 days, after which it will be permanently deleted if not reactivated within this grace period.
Method #2: Using a Web Browser
With these steps, you can also deactivate your TikTok account through a web browser.
- Open a web browser on your phone and go to the TikTok website.
- Log in with your credentials and select the profile picture on the top right.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Account Control”.
- Tap “Delete”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to deactivate your TikTok account for 30 days.
This guide discusses deleting the TikTok app from iOS, Android, and Samsung Smart TV. We have also discussed downloading TikTok data before deleting the app.
Moreover, we’ve shared a method to deactivate your TikTok account instead of uninstalling its app.
Hopefully, your troubles are over, and you can now focus on other daily tasks without getting distracted by TikTok videos.
Frequently Asked Questions
You must know the email and password of your TikTok account to delete it. If you’ve forgotten either of those, you will face issues deleting your account. However, if you cannot delete your account despite entering the correct credentials, there may be a glitch in the app. To resolve this, exit the app, remove it from the multitasking panel, and relaunch it.
TikTok has the power to monitor your activity the moment you tap on its app icon. TikTok monitors everything, from the model of your device to your location and IP address. They also track what you’re watching to make better recommendations on the TikTok app.
The TikTok app generally takes up about 300 MB of storage space on your device. However, once downloaded and in use, the app consumes more storage. The app downloads videos you watch as “App data” for about 7 days, which is why it can take up a lot of storage on your device.