With the YouTube app for iPad, it is easy to record videos and share them with an online audience. But if you’re feeling a little too self-conscious about these videos and don’t want others to see them, deleting a YouTube video on your iPad is now easier than ever.
If you want to delete a YouTube video on your iPad, there are different ways to do it. You can use YouTube Studio, the YouTube app, or your web browser. Doing this will permanently delete the video from your YouTube channel.
If the video is old, outdated, or features content that doesn’t align with your current branding and messaging, you may want to consider getting rid of it. Deleting such a video can help keep your channel fresh and engaging for future viewers.
In this article, we’ll explore all the different ways you can delete YouTube videos using your iPad.
Method #1: Using a Web Browser
You can use a web browser to delete YouTube videos on your iPad if you don’t have the YouTube app or YouTube Studio installed.
With Safari, Google Chrome, or any other web browser on your iPad, you can remove individual videos or entire channels from your YouTube account.
Here’s what you need to do.
- Open Safari or any other web browser of your choice on your iPad.
- To open YouTube, type www.youtube.com in the address bar and press Enter.
- Log in with your YouTube account by typing in the email and password.
- Click on your profile in the top-right corner and select “YouTube Studio”. If you don’t see this option, switch to the “Desktop Version” of the website from your browser.
- Select the “Channel Content” tab from the left sidebar.
- Choose the video you want to delete from the list and click “More Actions”.
- Tap “Delete Forever” and click “Delete” again to confirm.
If you do this, the video will be permanently deleted from your YouTube account, and you won’t be able to recover it from YouTube.
Method #2: Using the YouTube App
If you want to delete a YouTube video from your iPad, you can also do it using the YouTube app. The steps are pretty similar whether you’re using the YouTube app or the YouTube website.
Ensure your iPad has the latest YouTube app installed; if not, you can always download it from the App Store.
Here’s what you have to do.
- Open the YouTube app on your iPad and log in to it if you haven’t already.
- Tap on “Library” in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Your Videos” from the list of options here.
- Find the video that you want to delete from the list.
- Click on the three dots next to it and select “Delete” from there.
- Click on “Delete” again to confirm.
By doing this, you will completely remove the video from your YouTube channel. Deleting a video from your channel also removes all likes and views.
Method #3: Using the YouTube Studio App
You can also use the YouTube Studio app if you want to delete a YouTube video from your account on an iPad.
YouTube Studio is free to download from the App Store, allowing you to monitor and manage everything related to your channel.
Here’s what you need to do.
- Launch the YouTube Studio app from your iPad.
- Log in with your account if you haven’t already.
- Click on “Content” from the bottom navigation bar.
- Select the video that you want to delete.
- Click on the three dots next to the video.
- Tap “Delete” from the options and then click on it again to confirm.
This will permanently remove the video from your YouTube channel. Before deleting the video, you can save it to your device as a personal reference or for sharing with others.
And that’s it. You can use any of the methods we’ve shared above when deleting YouTube videos from an iPad; it’s entirely up to you. Hopefully, this will help you eliminate those videos you don’t want anymore without any hassles!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can delete uploaded videos from your YouTube account by using the YouTube app, YouTube Studio, or by visiting the YouTube website from any web browser such as Safari, Chrome, etc.
To clear your YouTube watch or search history, open the YouTube app on your iPad, click on your profile from the top corner, then “Settings”, and then click on “Clear Search/Web History”.