Do you want to disable the lock screen on your iPhone, so you don’t have to enter the passcode each time you turn on the screen?
To disable the lock screen on iPhone, go to Settings > “Touch ID & Passcode”. Next, type in your passcode and tap “Turn Passcode Off”. Confirm this action by tapping “Turn Off” again.
We took the time to write a comprehensive guide on how to disable the lock screen on your iPhone by following different methods. We will also explore the process of fixing a frozen lock screen.
Disabling the Lock Screen on iPhone
- Method #1: Disabling the Lock Screen From Settings
- Method #2: Disabling the Lock Screen From iTunes
- Method #3: Disabling the Lock Screen With LockWiper
- Method #4: Disabling the Lock Screen With Recovery Mode
- How To Fix Quickly Fix a Frozen Lock Screen on iPhone
Disabling the Lock Screen on iPhone
If you don’t know how to disable the lock screen on your iPhone, the following 4 step-by-step methods will help you do this task easily.
Method #1: Disabling the Lock Screen From Settings
If you want to disable the lock screen on your iPhone, follow these steps to turn off the passcode.
- Open the Settings app and tap “Touch ID & Passcode/Face ID & Passcode”.
- Type your passcode and tap “Turn Passcode Off”.
- Tap “Turn Off” on the next screen to confirm this action.
The lock screen is disabled, and all the passcodes, including Touch ID, Face ID, and PIN lock, are removed.
Method #2: Disabling the Lock Screen From iTunes
If you forgot your lock screen password, but your iPhone is synchronized with iTunes, follow these steps to disable your lock screen.
- Install iTunes on your PC.
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone with your PC.
- Open the iTunes app on your PC and select your iPhone.
- Select “Restore iPhone”.
After you restore your iPhone, all the data is deleted, and the passcode is removed. You can restore your data from iCloud afterward.
Method #3: Disabling the Lock Screen With LockWiper
You can also use a third-party app to disable the lock screen on your iPhone with the following steps.
Step #1: Install LockWiper App
Install the LockWiper app on your computer. Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to a PC/Mac. Then, launch the app and select “Unlock Screen Passcode” from the main screen. Click the “Start” button and select “Next” to load the details of your iPhone on the PC.
The LockWiper app deletes all the data from your iPhone. Also, the app updates the device’s software to the latest iOS version.
Step #2: Install the Firmware Package
Your device model will be detected automatically, and the suitable firmware version will be displayed on your screen. Click “Download” and wait a few minutes to complete the verification process.
Step #3: Enter Recovery Mode
After the download is complete, click “Start to Extract”. Then, click “Start Unlock” on the same tab, and a dialog box will appear on the screen. Read the instructions carefully and enter “000000” in the box at the bottom of the screen. Lastly, select “Unlock” to put your iPhone in Recovery Mode.
The iPhone will remain in Recovery Mode for a few minutes, and the lock screen will be disabled.
Method #4: Disabling the Lock Screen With Recovery Mode
If you remember your Apple ID password, you can use the Recovery Mode to disable the lock screen on your iPhone.
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone and computer.
- Open a browser on the computer and install the iTunes app.
- Launch the app and put your iPhone in Recovery Mode by following these steps.
- iPhone 6s and earlier: Long-press the “Sleep” and “Home” button simultaneously.
- iPhone 7 and 7 plus: Long-press the volume down and “Sleep” button simultaneously.
- iPhone 8, 8 plus, and X: Press and release the volume up, volume down, and “Sleep” buttons.
- When you put your iPhone in Recovery Mode, “Connect to iTunes” will appear on your screen. Click “Restore” on the iTunes dialog box on your computer.
iTunes will download software on your iPhone to begin the restoration process and to disable the lock screen. All the data is deleted from your device, but you can restore it from iCloud later.
How To Fix Quickly Fix a Frozen Lock Screen on iPhone
If the lock screen on your iPhone is frozen, long-press the “Sleep” or “Wake” button on your iPhone until the red slider appears on your screen. Slide it to turn the phone off and wait a few minutes before turning it on.
You can also fix the frozen lock screen by putting your iPhone in Recovery Mode according to the abovementioned steps.
In this guide about how to disable the lock screen on iPhone, we’ve discussed simple methods to turn off the lock screen from the phone Settings, iTunes, LockWiper app, and Recovery Mode. We’ve also discussed how to fix a frozen lock screen on your iPhone.
Hopefully, your problem is fixed, and now you can use your iPhone without typing in the passcode whenever you want to open the screen.