I understand your rage if you’re planning on watching a newly released movie on Amazon Prime Video and find it nowhere on your LG Smart TV. Worry not because there is more than one way of downloading Amazon Prime Video on an LG Smart TV.
For downloading Amazon Prime Video on LG Smart TV, ensure it is connected to a network. After that, navigate to the LG Content Store from the menu. Here, search for Amazon Prime Video. Here, you can install Amazon Prime Video. After that, you’ll find Amazon Prime Video on the menu when you press the Home button. You can sign in to your account through the web. Alternatively, you can sign in by scanning the QR code on the screen.
In this article, I’ll explain how you can download Amazon Prime Video and sign in to it on LG Smart TV.
Download Amazon Prime Video on Your LG Smart TV via the LG Content Store
Amazon Prime Video is one of the most widely used streaming services in the United States, second only to Netflix and Apple TV. You can easily set up Amazon Prime Video on your LG Smart TV. Here’s what you need to do.
- Press the Settings button on your TV remote.
- In the next menu, scroll down and select “Network Connection”.
- Enter the “Wi-Fi connection” tab. Connect the LG TV to a trusted Wi-Fi if it hasn’t been already.
- Press the Home button on your TV remote.
- Scroll to the left to find LG Content Store and open it.
- Select the search option on the top-right corner of the screen. Search for Amazon Prime Video using the LG TV keyboard.
- Select Amazon Prime Video from the options.
- Select the “Install” button and press Enter.
The installation will take some time, depending on your network’s speed. Once Amazon Prime Video is installed, you can go to the app, sign in, and stream TV shows and movies.
Sign In to Amazon Prime Video on Your LG Smart TV
If you already have an account on Amazon Prime Video, it takes just a few steps to sign in to your LG Smart TV. Here’s what you need to do.
- Go to the Home screen by pressing the Home button.
- Scroll right until you hit Amazon Prime Video. Open it.
- Select the “Sign in” option. Confirm your action.
When you’re through it, you can sign in to Amazon Prime Video in two ways: using the web or a QR code. To sign in using the web, here’s what you need to do.
- On another device (a computer or a phone), navigate to PrimeVideo.com/myTv in a web browser.
- Sign in or create a new account there.
- It’ll ask you for a 6-letter code. Here, enter the code you see on your LG TV screen.
Once you’re done with it, the account will be automatically signed in to Amazon Prime Video on your LG TV.
Alternatively, if you want to sign in to Amazon Prime Video using the QR code, here’s what you can do.
- Using your mobile’s QR Code Scanner App, scan the QR code you see on your TV screen.
- Follow the link to the Amazon Prime Video app if installed. Otherwise, open the link in a web browser.
- Sign in to the app or the browser if you aren’t already.
- After that, it’ll ask your permission to authenticate the LG TV. Tap the “Allow” option.
- On your TV screen, select the profile with which you want to sign in.
Once it’s done, you’re all set to watch the latest movies and TV shows with a popcorn box in your hands!
Register for an Amazon Prime Video Account on Your LG Smart TV
If you don’t have an Amazon Prime Video account set up already, you might be scratching your head trying to figure out how you can set one up. Here’s what you need to do.
- You’ll need an Amazon account to create an Amazon Prime Video account. You can create one from here if you don’t have one already.
- Go to Amazon Prime Video.
- Enter your Amazon account credentials.
- Enter your credit or debit card credentials.
It will get your Amazon Prime Video account running. You’ll get a free trial for the first month. After that, the billing cycle will continue for $5.99 per month. You’ve all the rights to cancel your subscription at any time.
You can download Amazon Prime Video on your LG Smart TV through the LG Content Store. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’ll need to sign in using your Amazon Prime Video account – through the web or by scanning the QR code on the screen. After that, you can stream all the movies and TV shows you want!