Do your apps download slower on your Android or iOS device? Are you facing this issue on your PC as well? Luckily, you can accelerate the download speed of your apps with some quick workarounds.
It is possible to download apps faster on your iOS device by changing DNS Settings. If you are an Android user, restart your device or turn Airplane Mode on and off. On a PC, disable background apps and optimize bandwidth limit under “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Advanced Options“.
We have compiled a comprehensive step-by-step guide for downloading apps faster on Android, iOS, and PC.
Methods for Downloading Apps Faster
- Downloading Apps Faster on Android
- Downloading Apps Faster on iOS
- Downloading Apps Faster on PC
Methods for Downloading Apps Faster
Want to download apps faster on your device? Our step-by-step instructions will help you do this task without much trouble.
Downloading Apps Faster on Android
Here are the 2 methods for downloading apps faster on Android.
Method #1: Restarting Android Device
A simple restart is one of the easiest ways to accelerate app download speed. For this, follow these steps.
- Press and hold the power button of your device.
- Select the “Restart/Reboot” option.
- Once the reboot completes, download an app and see if the download speed has improved.
Method #2: Using Airplane Mode
You can also improve the app’s download speed on your Android phone by enabling and disabling the Airplane Mode. This will re-establish the internet connection and fix temporary glitches.
- Swipe down on your device to find the notification bar (swipe up on some devices to access the notification bar).
- Tap on “Airplane Mode” to enable it.
- After a slight pause, tap the “Airplane Mode” option again to disable it.
- Download some apps on your device and see if the download speed accelerates.
Downloading Apps Faster on iOS
If you are an iOS user, you can boost the app download speed using the 3 step-by-step methods below.
Method #1: Rebooting the Device
One way of improving the app’s download speed on your iOS device is by rebooting the device, as discussed here.
- Press and hold the side button on your device until you see the power off slider.
- Drag the slider to turn off the device.
- To turn the device back on, press and hold the side button till you see the Apple logo.
- Try downloading some apps and see if downloading speed has improved.
Method #2: Changing DNS Settings
You can also change the “DNS Settings” on your iOS device to help accelerate the app’s download speed.
- Navigate to “Settings” > “Wi-Fi” > “Info” > “DNS” on your device.
- Tap “Configure DNS” and select “Manual“.
- Hit the “Save” option to save the settings.
- Install a few applications to check for app download speed improvements.
Method #3: Using Prioritize Download
If you are downloading more than one app at once on your device, you can follow the steps below to download one specific app faster than others.
- Press and hold the app you want to get faster. A pop-up menu will appear to its right.
- Choose the “Prioritize Download” option.
Downloading Apps Faster on PC
It is possible to download apps faster on a PC with the following 3 methods.
Method #1: Changing Bandwidth Limit
Updating your PC’s bandwidth limit can help increase the app’s download speed.
- Navigate to “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Advanced” on your PC.
- Scroll down and tap the “Delivery Optimization” option.
- Select “Advanced Options” from the bottom.
- Adjust the amount of bandwidth under “Upload settings” and “Download settings“.
- Restart your PC and check for any improvements in the download speed of your apps.
Method #2: Disabling Background Apps
Follow these steps to disable any apps running in the background to improve the app’s download speed on your PC.
- Head to the Settings app and choose the “Privacy” option.
- From the left sidebar, find and select “Background apps“.
- Toggle off the “Let apps run in the background” switch in the right pane.
- Restart your device and see if the download speed has enhanced.
You can also turn off the toggle for different apps individually to stop them from functioning in the background.
Method #3: Deleting Temporary Files
If there are too many temporary files on your PC, this can affect the download speed of applications. You can quickly fix this issue with the following steps.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
%temp%and hit the Enter key.
- Select all the files from the temp folder, right-click on any of them, and hit “Delete“.
In this guide on downloading apps faster, we have discussed multiple methods for increasing the apps’ download speed on different devices, including Android, iOS, and PC.
Hopefully, one of these methods has worked for you, and you can now get the apps you want quickly.