Do you want to save the audio messages from your friends and family that you receive from Facebook Messenger? Luckily, this process is very simple on a computer.
To download audio from Facebook Messenger on your PC, open any browser and go to the Facebook website. Log in to your account by entering your credentials. On the top-right corner of the screen, click the Messenger icon, click “See all in Messenger”, and open the chat with the audio you want to download. Click the three vertical dots next to the audio, and select “Download”.
To help you, we have written a comprehensive guide with easy step-by-step instructions on downloading audio messages from Facebook Messenger.
- Downloading Audio From Facebook Messenger
- Fixing Facebook Messenger Audio Issues on a PC
Downloading Audio From Facebook Messenger
If you don’t know how to download audio from Facebook Messenger on your PC, follow our 2 easy step-by-step methods to accomplish this task quickly.
Method #1: Using a Browser
By following these steps, you can easily download audio messages from Facebook Messenger using a web browser.
- Launch your web browser of choice.
- Go to the Facebook website and log in to your account with your credentials.
- On the Facebook Home page, click the Messenger icon at the top-right corner.
- Click “See all in Messenger” and open the chat with the audio message you want to download.
- Locate the audio and tap the three vertical dots next to it.
- Click “Download”.
Select the path you want to download your audio and click “Save”. The audio message will now be saved on your PC securely as an mp4 file.
Method #2: Using Google Chrome Developer Tools
Using Google Chrome, you can use the developer tools to download audio from Facebook Messenger with these steps.
- Open Google Chrome on your PC, head to the Facebook website, and log in with your credentials.
- Click the Messenger icon and select “See all in Messenger”.
- Open the chat with the audio message and right-click on the screen.
- Click “Inspect” and open the “Network” tab before refreshing the page.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then play the audio and pause it.
- Right-click on the audio at the bottom of the screen and click “Open in new tab”.
The audio will start downloading on your PC as an mp4 file.
The audio message will be named “audioclip-…” followed by numbers.
Fixing Facebook Messenger Audio Issues on a PC
Are you unable to download audio messages from Facebook Messenger on your PC, or are you having trouble sending or receiving them? We have a few solutions.
Method #1: Fix Internet Issues
Sometimes, your router is why you can’t download or send audio messages on Facebook Messenger. To troubleshoot the issue, reboot your router in the following way.
- Unplug your router from the power source and wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug the router back into the power source, and wait for the LED lights to turn on before connecting your PC to the router’s Wi-Fi.
Your router is now rebooted, and you should be able to use Facebook Messenger to download and exchange audio messages.
Method #2: Clear the Browser Cache
A corrupt cache may be why you are having audio recording and downloading issues with Facebook Messenger on your PC. Luckily, you can quickly clear the browser cache using the below steps.
- Launch Chrome on your PC and tap the three dots next to your profile pic.
- Click “More tools”.
- Click “Clear Browsing data”.
- Open “Advanced”.
- Choose “All Time”.
- Click “Clear data”.
The cache on your web browser will now be deleted, along with the cookies, history, etc., allowing you to exchange and save audio messages from Facebook Messenger. However, you might need to follow a slightly different method based on your web browser.
Method #3: Sign In Again
If you are having issues with sending or receiving audio messages on Facebook Messenger on your PC, it might be because of an authentication error. You can fix this issue by logging out and logging back into your account using these steps.
- Click the gear icon at the top-left corner of the Messenger Home page.
- Click “Log Out”.
- On the Login page, enter your email and password.
- Click “Log In” and see if the audio problems are resolved on Facebook Messenger.
Method #4: Grant Microphone Permissions
If you want to send audio messages to your friends from the Facebook Messenger website, ensure that you’ve allowed microphone access on your PC by following these steps.
- Access the “Settings” on your PC by pressing the Windows + I keys.
- Navigate to “Privacy” > “Microphone”.
- Scroll down and tap the toggle on “Allow desktop apps to access your microphone” to turn it on.
You should now be able to conveniently record and send audio messages on Facebook Messenger on your PC.
Method #5: Update Your Windows OS
Outdated Windows OS can cause audio issues on Facebook Messenger. To resolve this, update your Windows PC using the following steps.
- Press the Windows + I keys to open Settings.
- Click “Update & Security”.
- Click “Download and install”.
Once downloaded, install the updates to update your PC’s Windows OS and fix the Facebook Messenger audio issues.
In this guide, we have discussed how to download the audio from Facebook Messenger on your PC. We have also discussed multiple methods to troubleshoot Facebook Messenger audio issues while using it on a computer.
Hopefully, you can now save your personal Messenger conversations on your PC without any trouble.