When I was a child, I was totally unaware of podcasts. I did not understand the word; Podcast, in the least. Fortunately, a friend of mine told me about podcasts. That was my journey to being an ardent lover of podcasts. However, I had several challenges listening to podcasts. But the issue that stood out was how to download these podcasts to my device for reference or future use.
According to statistics, the number of podcast listeners is on the rise. However, only a few percent of this number know how to download a podcast on their computer. I was part of this percentage of people until recently. I was forced to learn how to download a podcast on my PC.
I have heard my friends ask how to download podcasts. Several people in different communities have asked how to download a podcast. I will share ways I often use to download my desired podcast in this blog post. I will show you how to use YouTube, the Podcast Manager app, iTunes, and Google Podcasts.
Another way to download a podcast is to download a podcast directly from the podcast website. I will not talk about this method because it is the simplest and most direct way to download podcasts. The truth is that anyone can do this.
4 Methods to Download Podcasts to a Computer
YouTube is one of the leading social media channels in the world. It is known as one of the most reliable sources to get anything of your choice. You will get many podcast channels there, or you can just access them by putting the keywords in the search bar.
By default, YouTube is a sure way to download any podcast you want to listen to.
To download podcasts from YouTube, follow these steps:
- Go to YouTube and search for the podcasts you want to get.
- Copy the URL link from the URL box of your browser.
- Open the online YouTube video downloading websites, i.e., Convert2mp3, YTMP3, etc.
- Paste the link in the URL box.
- Press the convert button.
- Wait till the conversion is successful.
- After a successful conversion, press the download button.
- The podcast will download to your computer.
Method #2: Podcast Manager App
One of the best ways to download podcasts is through the podcasts manager app. It is the best way to get podcasts. The podcast manager app is one of the most used ways because you get access to all the podcast sources in one place. It will convert the files into MP3 format for you and help you listen to them offline.
To get podcasts through the podcast manager app, follow these instructions:
- There are many podcast managers available these days. Download any of your choices.
- Then customize the settings. In customization, you need to do the following things: customization of the file type, choose the download destination, and determine your desired player.
- Search the podcast you want to download.
- Select the podcast.
- Choose the episode you want to listen to.
- Some websites will ask you to create an account. Some will give you access directly.
- Then download the file from the ‘save’ or ‘get’ button.
Different managers have different options for downloading podcasts, so don’t get confused. Just follow the instructions we have talked about in this post. Another way to download a podcast is by pasting the URL of podcasts into the podcast manager app.
Method #3: iTunes
iTunes is one of the most popular media players. It is used to play music files and is also used to listen to podcasts. It contains podcasts on various categories, i.e., education, comedy, science, sports, etc. By using iTunes, you can access podcasts in the following ways:
- Download iTunes from the web.
- Install it on your computer.
- Launch the software.
- In the primary interface, look to the top-left side. In the view menu, change the music option to podcasts. After a moment, you will see the iTunes store containing all the podcasts.
- Look up the categories for any podcast of your interest, or you can find any podcast by searching them in the search bar.
- Select the podcast of your choice. A list of all the podcast episodes will open.
- Click the Get button to save the episode.
- When the download is done, open the library tab. You will find the podcast you just downloaded.
- Right-click on it and select the option of window explorer. Here you will see all the downloaded episodes.
Method #4: Google Podcast (For PC and Android)
Google Podcast is a very well-known platform for listening to podcasts. It is an online platform, but you can also download your podcasts from the Google podcast platform by following these steps:
- Open the Google Podcast site. You will find various categories of podcasts, explore them, or just write your choice into the search bar and look for the podcast you want to download.
- Open the episode you want to download.
- A new page will open.
- Then click on the ellipsis button.
- You will then see the download button. Click download, and the podcast will start downloading to your computer.
- For PC, copy the podcast link.
- Paste in any Youtube downloader app like savefromnet.
- Convert the link to videos.
- Download to your PC.
We will draw the curtain here. We have just learned how to use YouTube, the Podcast manager app, iTunes, and Google Podcast to download any podcast for offline purposes.
These steps are straightforward to follow. We would love to hear about your progress in the comment section. Let us know what you think about these methods.
Frequently Asked Questions
Firstly, you need to download the podcast to your device. You can then transfer it to another device like your memory stick, disc, or MP3.
It is now possible to download podcasts to PC, Android, and iOS. This guide provided methods to download podcasts to your PC through YouTube, Podcast Manager, and Google Podcast.