Are you an avid sports lover? If yes, you most likely don’t want to miss streaming your favorite sporting event, and there’s no better way to guarantee this than by subscribing to the ESPN sports streaming platform. But streaming your favorite game on your VIZIO Smart TV through the ESPN app isn’t that straightforward.
Look no further if you’re wondering where to start downloading the ESPN app on your VIZIO Smart TV. Here’s a look at the methods with easy-to-follow steps that can guide you when downloading the ESPN app on your VIZIO Smart TV.
• Go to the App Store.
• Use a USB.
As mentioned above, you should follow these methods to download the ESPN app on your VIZIO Smart TV. Let’s dive in to get a deeper look at the steps you need to follow to download and install this sports streaming app on your VIZIO TV.
This guide will also go through frequently asked questions relating to the ESPN app and the VIZIO Smart TV. Let’s get started.
Method #1: Go to the App Store
The simplest and most convenient way to download and install the ESPN app on your VIZIO Smart TV is through the App Store. Here’s a look at the steps to follow during the installation process.
- Switch on your VIZIO Smart TV.
- Connect your VIZIO Smart TV to your home’s Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the “V” button on the remote of your VIZIO Smart TV.
- You’ll now get access to the App bar.
- Head to the CTV Store or Yahoo TV Store, which depends on your VIZIO Smart TV model.
- Launch the app store by hitting the “OK” option.
- Choose the ESPN app.
- Highlight this ESPN app and click “OK”.
- Click the “Install app” option.
- Hit “OK” to finish the installation process of the ESPN app on your VIZIO Smart TV.
After installing the ESPN app on your VIZIO Smart TV, you’ll see it appear on the access bar.
Method #2: Use a USB Drive
Another alternative method you can install the ESPN app on your VIZIO Smart TV is by using a USB. Here’s a look at the steps you need to follow:
- Look for a trustworthy source from whom to get an APK file of the ESPN app.
- Download the APK of the ESPN app to your USB drive.
- Connect the USB drive to your VIZIO TV through the USB port.
- Launch the My Files app on your VIZIO Smart TV.
- Search for the APK file of the ESPN app and click on “Install”.
- Finish this process by launching the ESPN app.
Since the ESPN app is now installed on your VIZIO Smart TV, you can watch the vast array of live sports and TV shows on offer.
The ESPN app allows you to live stream sports events such as college football, PGA Tour, MLB, college basketball, and MLB, as well as specific online games from the comfort of your home. And if you own a VIZIO TV, you’ll need to install this app on your television. However, this process for the average person can be a little too complex to understand.
Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be this way, thanks to this guide which has explained the various ways to download the ESPN app on your VIZIO Smart TV. Once the ESPN app is installed, the days of missing a sporting event will be a thing of the past. You’re also spoiled for choice with original shows like Peyton’s place.
Frequently Asked Questions
The ESPN app comes with numerous useful features, including the following.
• It allows you to view high-definition videos of up to 60 frames per second.
• It allows five users to stream simultaneously.
• You get access to the ESPN originals.
• This app comes with a 7-day free trial for new users.
• The ESPN app allows you to rewind, pause, and restart live videos.
• Both local and international channels are available for streaming.
Some apps can’t be found on the VIZIO Smart TV. In such instances, you need not worry because the SmartCast OS of VIZIO TVs supports Google Chromecast. Therefore, any app that Chromecast supports can be cast onto your VIZIO Smart TV without needing to buy a separate Chromecast gadget.
These are the steps to follow when casting an app on your VIZIO Smart TV.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your smartphone.
2. Look for the Chromecast-enabled and click on “Install”. After the installation, this app is incorporated into the cast selection of your smartphone.
3. Launch the Chromecast-enabled app, tap the cast icon, and select your VIZIO Smart TV. Once the cast button changes color, this is proof the connection between your smartphone and VIZIO TV has been established.