Bitmojis are personalized emojis that look like a cartoon version of yourself that you can customize and send to your friends and family to inject fun into your conversations.
To edit Bitmoji on your iPhone, launch the Bitmoji app and tap “Avatar” at the bottom of the screen. It opens a page similar to the one you used to create the Bitmoji. You can change the Avatar’s facial features, clothes, shoes, and accessories here. Tap “Save” at the top right corner of the screen to update the changes.
This article will explain how to create a Bitmoji on your iPhone. We will also explain how to edit your Bitmoji to change the facial features and wardrobe choices. Finally, we will teach you how to retake the Bitmoji selfie.
How To Create Bitmoji on Your iPhone
Creating a personalized Bitmoji Avatar is fun and straightforward as long as you have the Bitmoji app. Your iPhone’s operating system must be iOS 9.0 or a newer version before you can use the Bitmoji app. Follow the steps below to create Bitmoji on your iPhone.
- Download and install the Bitmoji app from your iPhone’s App Store.
- Open the Bitmoji app.
- Create an account by registering your email and password.
- Choose either the female or male character.
- Take a selfie to help create your Bitmoji. Ensure that the selfie is clear and the lighting is good.
- Customize the facial features of your Bitmoji by selecting the required skin tone, hair color, hairstyle, facial hair, eyebrows, eyebrow color, nose, face shape, cheek lines, mouth size and shape, forehead lines, eye lines, and body type.
- Customize the outfit and wardrobe choices of your Bitmoji. This includes a shirt, pants, socks, footwear, hat, accessories, makeup, etc.
- Tap “Save” at the top right corner of the screen to save your Bitmoji Avatar.
How To Edit Bitmoji on Your iPhone
The first time you download and install the Bitmoji app on your iPhone and launch it, you will be required to create a personalized Bitmoji. Understandably, you might not be able to create the perfect Bitmoji because you’re still a newbie without much experience with the Bitmoji app.
However, after spending a few days or weeks on the app, you might want to change the initial Bitmoji you created. Editing a Bitmoji is just as straightforward as creating it in the first place.
Follow the steps below to edit Bitmoji on your iPhone.
- Launch the Bitmoji app on your iPhone.
- Tap “Avatar” at the bottom of your screen. It opens the page where you created the Bitmoji Avatar, including all options for customized facial features and wardrobe choices. The only difference is that you can’t change the character between male and female, and you can’t retake the selfie here.
- Make the required changes by sifting through the options available and selecting the appropriate one.
- Tap “Save” at the top right corner of the screen to save the changes to your Bitmoji Avatar.
How To Retake Bitmoji Selfie
When you launch the Bitmoji app for the first time after installing it, you must create a personalized Bitmoji. And the first step after registering your details and choosing between the male and female characters is to take a selfie.
The selfie forms what the Bitmoji app will use to create your cartoon version before you start editing the facial features and making wardrobe choices.
After creating your Bitmoji, you can edit it later to change the facial features and wardrobe choices. However, there is no option to edit the selfie. Instead, you can retake the Bitmoji selfie by resetting your Avatar in the settings section of the Bitmoji app.
Resetting your Avatar would delete the current Avatar, and you will have to create a new one. But you’ll be able to take a new selfie which is what you wanted.
To retake a Bitmoji selfie, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Bitmoji app on your iPhone.
- Tap the gear-shaped icon on the top right corner of the screen to open Settings.
- Tap “My Data” under the “Account” section of the Settings page.
- Tap “Reset Avatar”.
- A pop-up window warns you that resetting your Avatar will make you lose your current Avatar. Click “OK” to confirm.
- You will be required to create a new Avatar. Choose either the male or female characters.
- Take a selfie to help create a new Bitmoji.
- Follow the steps you used in creating the former Bitmoji and customize the facial features and outfit choices to your taste.
- Tap “Save” at the top right corner of the screen to update the changes.
After creating your personalized Bitmoji Avatar and editing the features to your taste, share the stickers with your friends and family so they can get in on the fun.