Are you searching for a way to electronically sign your documents on your iPhone? Do you want to avoid the hassle of printing, signing, and rescanning the document? Fortunately, you can eSign on your iPhone without much effort.
If you want to add an eSign to your documents on iPhone, open the “Mail” app and tap “Compose.” Tap inside the email body, and tap the “Grey” icon. Tap the “Camera/Document” and attach your file. Tap the “Grey Arrow” icon and “Markup.” Tap the “Plus” button to select and draw your signature. Finally, tap “Done” and tap “Send.”
In this article, we’ll go over how to eSign on iPhone, so you can sign documents without having to print and rescan them to send afterwards.
eSigning Documents on iPhone
If you are wondering how to eSign on your iPhone, our 6 easy-to-follow methods discussed below will help you sign your documents electronically in no time.
Method #1: Using the Markup Tool in the Mail App
iPhone has a Markup feature that allows users to eSign documents or files using the Mail app.
- Launch the Mail app on your iPhone and tap the “Compose” option.
- Tap inside the email body, tap the cursor and choose “Add Attachment.”
- Tap the “Camera” or “Document” button and select the file you want to attach.
- Tap the attachment, tap the “Grey Arrow” icon and tap the “Markup” button.
- Tap the “Plus” button, select “Signature,” draw and place your signature.
- Tap “Done” and tap “Send.”
If you’re working on your phone and want to eSign a document, it’s best to save it as a PDF file rather than a DOCX file because the Markup tool might not work in that format.
Method #2: Using the Acrobat App on Your iPhone
You can use the Adobe Acrobat app to eSign a document on your iPhone quickly with these steps.
- Install and launch the Acrobat app on your iPhone.
- Open a PDF file in the Acrobat app and tap the pencil icon.
- Select “Fill and Sign” and tap the draw icon.
- Tap “Create Signature” and select “Draw.”
- Draw the signature using your finger and tap “Done” to save the sign.
Method #3: Using the PDF Expert App
PDF Expert is an on-the-go app that allows you to edit or eSign your PDF documents on your iPhone without hassle.
- Install and open the PDF Expert app on your device.
- Open the PDF file using the app and tap “Fill & Sign.”
- Tap “Signature” and tap “Create New Signature.”
- Draw your signature and select thickness and color from the top toolbar.
- Tap the area to insert, move, or resize the eSign.
Method #4: Using the signNow App
signNow app is one of the best apps that offers a free trial to let you add eSignatures to the documents on your iPhone.
- Open the App Store, install the signNow app, and open it.
- Sign in or sign up, open any document, and tap on it anywhere.
- Select “Insert Signature” and scribble your signature.
- Tap “Done” and drag the signature to place it in position.
- To adjust the size, tap on it and select “Adjust.”
- Tap “Done” after the adjustments and save your file.
Method #5: Using the Signeasy App
Signeasy is another easy-to-use app offering a quick solution for e-signing documents on iPhone on the go.
- Install the app from the App Store, launch it, and sign in.
- Import a document and tap “Signature” on the right-side panel.
- Scribble your signature and tap the “Tick” icon.
- Drag the signature, resize it, and tap “Done” to save it.
Method #6: Using the OneSpan App
OneSpan is a reliable app for eSigning documents when you are invited to sign them on your iPhone.
- Install and launch the app on your iPhone.
- Create an account or connect with an existing one.
- Import the document and tap the “Signature” field on the document.
- Draw the signature using your finger or stylus and tap “Done.”
- Tap “Confirm” to add the signature.
In this article on how to eSign on iPhone, we discussed methods to add a signature to documents using the iPhone’s built-in Markup feature and utilizing third-party apps such as Adobe Acrobat, PDF Expert, OneSpan, and Signeasy.
Hopefully, with the information provided above, you can quickly eSign your files on your iPhone without having to print them first.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is possible to sign a picture on iPhone. To do this, head to the “Photos” app and open the picture. Tap “Edit” and tap the “Markup” icon. Tap the “Add” icon and draw your signature using your finger. Tap “Done” and tap “Done” again.