Discord is a great VoIP app to stay in touch with your friends via chat and voice while hanging out or playing games. However, to use the voice feature, you’ll need to enable the microphone on your device.
If you want to enable the mic on Discord, click on the search icon in the Windows Taskbar and search for “Microphone Privacy Settings.” Open it and toggle the button next to “Allow Apps to Access Your Microphone.”
In this article, we will discuss how to enable the mic on Discord with simple and easy-to-follow instructions.
- Enabling Mic on Discord
- How To Fix Mic Not Working on Discord
Enabling Mic on Discord
If you don’t know how to enable the mic on Discord, our three easy step-by-step methods will help you do this task without much effort.
Method #1: Enabling Mic on Discord on Android
If you are using Discord on an Android device, you can enable the mic in the following way:
- Open Settings and tap “Apps.”
- Find and tap “Discord.”
- Tap “Permissions” and tap “Microphone” under the “Denied” header.
- Tap “Allow” to enable the microphone on Discord.
Another way to enable a mic on Discord on Android is to open the Settings app, tap “Privacy,” go to “Permission Manager,” tap “Microphone,” and under the Denied list, tap “Discord.” Finally, tap “Allow” to give permission.
Method #2: Enabling Mic on Discord on iPhone
On an iOS device, do the following steps to enable the microphone on Discord:
- Tap “Settings.”
- Locate the Discord app and tap it.
- Toggle the button next to the “Microphone” option to enable it.
Method #3: Enabling Mic on Discord Windows App
If using the Discord Windows app, you can enable the mic with these steps:
- Click “Start” or click on the “Search” icon in the Taskbar.
- Search for “Microphone Privacy Settings” and hit “Enter.”
- Click “Open” under Microphone Privacy Settings.
- Toggle the button next to the “Allow Apps to Access Your Microphone.”
- Re-launch the Discord app to enable the mic.
Method #4: Enabling Mic on Discord in Chrome
You can also enable the mic on Discord on the Chrome browser in the following way:
- Launch the Chrome browser and click the three dots menu icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to “Settings” and select “Privacy and Security” from the left panel.
- Click “Site Settings.”
- Select “Microphone” and locate Discord in the Block section.
- Click on the delete icon to remove Discord from the Block.
- Head to the Discord browser extension in Chrome and click the “Allow” option when prompted to enable the mic.
How To Fix Mic Not Working on Discord
If you have enabled the mic on Discord, but it is not working, try the following three step-by-step troubleshooting methods.
Method #1: Checking Voice Settings in Discord
For the mic to work on Discord, ensure that you have selected it in the Voice Settings.
- Launch the Discord Windows app and click the settings icon.
- Head to the “Voice & Video” option.
- Choose the correct input and output device if you have connected any external mic or speaker.
- Try using the mic and see if it is working.
Method #2: Enabling Automatic Audio Input Sensitivity in Discord
The next fix you should try is enabling the automatic audio Input Sensitivity in Discord in the following way:
- Launch the Discord desktop app or open its Chrome extension and click on the cog settings icon.
- Head to “Voice & Audio” under the App Settings header.
- Toggle the button next to “Automatically Determine Input Sensitivity” under “Input Sensitivity.”
- Try using the mic on Discord and see if this fixes the issue.
You can also try running the Discord Window app as an administrator and disabling Exclusive microphone control in Windows Settings or disabling Quality of Service High Packet Priority in Discord.
On your iOS and Android device, open the Discord app and do the following:
- Tap “Profile.”
- Tap “Voice” to go to voice settings.
- Toggle the button next to “Auto Sensitivity” and check if the mic works this time.
Method #3: Resetting Voice Settings in Discord
Another way to fix the mic on Discord is to reset the voice settings by following these steps:
- Click on the settings icon in the Discord app.
- Head to “Voice & Audio.”
- Click “Reset Voice Settings.”
- Click “OK” to confirm when prompted.
- Check the mic and verify the fix.
In Android or iPhone, update your phone firmware if the microphone on Discord is not working. You can also try restarting your device or reinstalling the Discord app to resolve the problem.
This article discusses how to enable mic on Discord in Android, iPhone, Windows app, and Chrome browser with four easy methods. We also discussed what to do if the mic is not working even after enabling it.
Hopefully, with the instructions in this article, you have enabled the mic on your device and can interact with other members without any issues.