Ever had a sinking feeling that you may have just deleted something important on your iPhone? Well, if you’re like me, then yes. But just because you have deleted a file from your iPhone does not mean that the file is gone for good!
There are still ways to find deleted files on iPhone, even if it seems impossible. You can recover deleted files and photos from the “Recently Deleted” folder, regardless of whether they were deleted from your iCloud Drive, photo library, or the Files app.
Many built-in iOS apps, including Photos, Files, Notes, Voice Memos, and iCloud, have a “Recently Deleted” folder where you can retrieve deleted files within 30 days. Aside from that, you can also recover deleted files from prior backups and use third-party data recovery tools.
No matter what, this article will provide you with the mechanics and process of recovering deleted files on your iPhone using all the methods available.
Method #1: From the Files App on an iPhone
If you have accidentally deleted files from the Files app on your iPhone, but want to retrieve them, then you shouldn’t worry: it is very easy to do.
The Files app on your iPhone is a file manager that lets you access and manage all the files on your iPhone from one place.
So, if you want to recover deleted files using it, follow these steps.
- Open the Files app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Browse” tab from the bottom navigation bar.
- Go to “Locations” from the list of sections.
- Click on “Recently Deleted” to access the deleted files.
- Tap and hold the file you want to recover and press “Recover”.
The file will be automatically recovered once you click “Recover”, and you can access it from the same location where you deleted it.
From the “Recently Deleted” folder, you can choose to recover just a single file or all the files you’ve deleted from the Files app in the last 30 days.
Method #2: From the Photos App on an iPhone
It’s not a good feeling to accidentally or purposely delete pictures or videos from the Photos app on your iPhone, only to realize you might need them later.
Nonetheless, if you have been unfortunate enough to delete some photos or videos from your iPhone, you may still be able to recover them if it hasn’t been more than 30 days since you deleted them.
Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Albums” at the bottom.
- Scroll down and then click on “Recently Deleted”.
- Select the photos or videos that you want to recover.
- Tap on “Recover” to recover the photos.
The photos and videos you recover will be automatically added to your iPhone’s photo library, where you can access them just as you would for other photos.
Method #3: From iCloud on an iPhone
By accessing iCloud.com on a computer or laptop, you can recover files deleted from your iCloud Drive or other apps on your iPhone in the last 30 days.
For this to work, it’s important to ensure that iCloud backup is enabled on your iPhone and that the files are backed up regularly.
Here’s what you need to do after that.
- Open any web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Visit www.iCloud.com from the browser.
- Log in to your iCloud account by entering your email and password.
- Select the app you want to recover deleted files, such as iCloud Drive.
- Click on “Recently Deleted” in the bottom-right corner.
- Select the files you wish to recover and click “Recover”.
You can access the deleted files from their respective locations on your iPhone from where they were originally deleted.
Method #4: Using Third-Party Tools
The final option you have if you’ve permanently deleted files from your iPhone that cannot be recovered using the methods above is to use third-party iPhone data recovery tools.
You can do it in the following ways.
- Download and install any of the iPhone data recovery tools that you like.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Click on “Scan” to start the scanning process.
- Tap on the files you wish to recover and click “Recover”.
When the scan is finished, the data recovery tool will list all the deleted files and folders on your iPhone and allow you to recover them.
So, there you go. We’ve covered all the possible ways to find and recover deleted files from your iPhone. By following these tips, you’ll be able to recover anything you want in no time.