Are you browning photos on your iPad and wondering if you have accidentally deleted the pictures you love? Don’t fret; you can now easily find your deleted images on your iPad and recover them.
To find deleted photos on your iPad, tap Photos app > “Albums”. Then, select the “Recently Deleted” album under the “Other Albums” section.
We have compiled a comprehensive guide for you on how to find deleted photos on the iPad using simple step-by-step methods.
Finding Deleted Photos on iPad
- Method #1: Using the “Recently Deleted” Album
- Method #2: Using the iCloud Website
- Method #3: Using a Data Recovery Tool
- Method #4: Using the iCloud Backup
- Method #5: Using the iTunes/Finder Backup
Finding Deleted Photos on iPad
If you are wondering how to find deleted photos on your iPad, our 5 step-by-step methods will help you go through this process without difficulty.
Method #1: Using the “Recently Deleted” Album
The easiest way to find your deleted photos on your iPad is via the “Recently Deleted” album section. This feature resembles the Recycle Bin in PCs.
Here are the steps you can follow to find and recover your deleted images using the “Recently Deleted” album on iPad.
- Launch the Photos app on your iPad.
- Tap “Albums” at the bottom.
- Scroll down to “Other Albums” > “Recently Deleted”.
- Preview all the photos in the album and find the ones you want to recover.
- Tap “Select” and choose your desired images.
- Tap “Recover” at the bottom right corner to move the photos to your iPad library.
Method #2: Using the iCloud Website
If you use iCloud Photos on your iPad, you can easily find and recover all your deleted photos with these steps.
- Open a browser on your PC and go to the iCloud website.
- Log in to your Apple account.
- Click “Photos” from the main screen.
- Under the “Library” section on the left, click “Recently Deleted”. You can find all your deleted photos here.
- Select the images you want to restore and click “Recover” to get them back on your iPad.
Method #3: Using a Data Recovery Tool
With these steps, you can use the PhotoRescue data recovery tool to find and recover the deleted images on your iPad.
Step #1: Connect Your iPad to Your PC
Download, install, and open the PhoneRescue data recovery tool for iOS on your computer. Use a lightning cable to connect your iPad to the PC. When your iPad is detected, choose the “Recover From iOS Device” option on the computer screen. Click the arrow icon on the right to enter the next page.
Step #2: Scan iPad Photos
Select “Photos” from the pop-up menu on your PC and click “OK” to initiate the scanning process.
Step #3: Find and Recover Deleted Photos
Once the scanning is done, all your iPad photos will appear on the screen. Select the images you wish to recover. Click the “Recover to phone” icon at the bottom to get the pictures back to your iPad.
D-Back iPhone, EaseUS, and CopyTrans are some other third-party tools you can use to find and recover deleted photos on your iPad.
Method #4: Using the iCloud Backup
Another method to find the deleted Photos on your iPad and get them back is using iCloud backup. You need to have the iCloud automatic backup enabled on your iPad for this method to work.
- On your iPad, navigate to Settings > “General” > “Reset”.
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings” and wait while your iPad restarts.
- Under the “Apps & Data” section, select “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Use your Apple ID and password to log in to your account.
- From the list of available options, select the most appropriate iCloud backup.
- Tap the Photos app and wait for a few seconds until the iCloud restore completes.
Once done, you can find all your recovered photos on your iPad in the Camera Roll section.
Method #5: Using the iTunes/Finder Backup
Like the iCloud backup, you can also find and get your deleted photos back via the iTunes/Finder backup. Follow these steps to retrieve your iPad photos with this method.
- Use a lightning cable to connect your iPad to the PC.
- Open iTunes on your PC. If you are using the latest version of Mac, click Finder at the bottom.
- Click your iPad device on the screen and choose a backup based on the time and date you deleted the photos.
- Click “Restore Backup” and choose the most appropriate backup from the available options.
- Select “Restore” and wait until the process to complete.
You can find all the Photos on your iPad now.
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to find deleted Photos on iPad and recover them using the Recently Deleted album, third-party data recovery tools, and iCloud and iTunes backup.
We hope one of these methods has worked for you, and you can now easily trace back all your deleted photos on your iPad.