iPhone allows you to set up and regulate restrictions on its device. You can easily change restrictions after configuring them. However, to edit restrictions on iPhones, you first need to find them individually.
To find restrictions on the iPhone, tap the iPhone Settings app and go to “Screen Time“. Next, tap “Content & Privacy Restrictions” and switch its toggle to the on position. Now, you can locate and set up different restrictions options displayed under the menu.
We have written a step-by-step guide if you don’t know how to find restrictions on iPhones to set up later.
- Finding Restrictions on iPhone
- Frequently Asked Questions
Finding Restrictions on iPhone
Locating restrictions on your iPhone isn’t a complicated process. Our step-by-step instructions will help you complete this task without any struggle.
So without any delay, here is the complete method for finding restrictions on iPhones.
Step #1: Finding the Content & Privacy Restrictions Menu
In the first step, you need to find restrictions on your iPhone in the following way.
- Tap on the Settings app from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Navigate to “Screen Time” and tap “Content & Privacy Restrictions“.
- Slide the “Content & Privacy Restrictions” toggle to the on position to view and control restrictions on iPhone.
Step #2: Finding Restrictions on App Purchases
iPhone allows you to enable restrictions on iTunes & App Store purchases. To find them, follow these steps.
- Navigate to Settings > “Screen Time“.
- Select the “Content & Privacy Restrictions” option.
- You will find “iTunes & App Store Purchases“; tap on it.
After completing all the above steps, you will successfully find restrictions on iTunes & App Store purchases.
- Control whether or not someone can install, delete apps, and make in-app purchases.
- Decide whether you want to set up a password for purchases or not.
Step #3: Finding Restrictions on Allowed Apps
To allow or disallow apps, first, you need to find the “Allowed Apps” option on your iPhone. Here is how.
- Unlock the iPhone and tap on the Settings app.
- Go to “Screen Time” and tap “Content & Privacy Restrictions” to find the “Allowed Apps“.
- Tap on “Allowed Apps” and choose the setting you want for all the pre-downloaded apps, like Mail, Safari, FaceTime, Camera, and SharePlay.
Turning the slider to the off position next to an app does not delete it; it will temporarily hide until you change the settings.
Step #4: Finding Web Content Restrictions
To change web content, Siri settings, and Game Center settings, you can find it under “Content Restrictions” in the following way.
- Tap the Settings app on your iPhone and scroll down to the “Screen Time” option.
- Navigate to “Content & Privacy Restrictions” to find “Content Restrictions“.
- Find the “Web Content” option and make changes to it by choosing from “Unrestricted Access“, “Limit Adult Websites“, or “Allowed Websites Only“.
- Find Siri and choose the type of content you want to allow.
- Choose the setting you want for each feature under “Game Center“.
Step #5: Finding Privacy Restrictions
Follow the path below to find Privacy restrictions.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone from the home screen and tap “Screen Time“.
- Tap “Content & Privacy Restrictions” and scroll down to find and tap on the “Privacy” section.
- Manage which apps use location services under the “Privacy” section.
- Choose the applications that can have access to your Contacts.
- Select the apps that can access your Calendars, Reminders, Photos, and Microphone.
Step #6: Finding Allow Changes Restrictions
You can follow these steps to select the features to which you want to allow changes.
- Tap on the Settings icon on the iPhone, go to “Screen Time“, and choose the “Content & Privacy Restrictions” option.
- Find the “Allow Changes” section to change passwords, accounts, volume limit, or background app activities.
Individual apps also have restriction settings on the iPhone through which you can limit the time spent on them.
In this guide on finding restrictions on iPhones, we’ve discussed a complete method for locating all the restrictions you may or may not need to alter.
Hopefully, now you know how to best control what your child, or any third person, is viewing on your iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
To turn off restricted mode on YouTube on desktop, sign in to your account on the YouTube site, click on your profile icon at the top-right corner, select “Restricted Mode“, and switch the “Activate Restricted Mode” toggle to the off position.
To unfreeze your iPhone, you can perform a hard reset. Hold power and home buttons simultaneously for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears. The iPhone will restart and unfreeze.