It is common to find yourself forgetting the Wi-Fi password. If you have the same issue on your iPhone, don’t worry. We’re here with the best techniques.
We have listed several ways to find Wi-Fi passwords on iPhones in this post. Go through the detailed explanations and learn how to find a Wi-Fi password on iPhone.
How to Find Wi-Fi Password on iPhone
Finding a Wi-Fi password on iPhone is not an easy task. Apple doesn’t allow you to see passwords on your iPhone. iOS lacks the feature of finding Wi-Fi passwords.
But there are some ways to look up passwords on iPhone. We’ll discuss all the possible ways step-by-step here in the following sections. Read on to find out!
Method #1: Share Wi-Fi Password
The easy and quick way to find a Wi-Fi password on iPhone is to share your Wi-Fi connection with another iOS device or iPhone.
It is essential to make sure that:
- Both devices are iOS.
- Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
Now, you can share Wi-Fi password in just a few steps:
- Hold or keep both iPhones near each other. The devices should be in close physical proximity so they can connect.
- Open Wi-Fi on the other device and pair it with your iPhone.
- The “Share your Wi-Fi” will appear on your iPhone screen.
- Tap “Share Password.”
- Your Wi-Fi password is sent to the other device. Tap “Done” and see your password on the other device.
This is a simple method to find a Wi-Fi password on iPhone. Next, we have the iCloud keychain settings method.
Method #2: iCloud Keychain Settings
If your iPhone is synced with an iCloud account, you can quickly check the Wi-Fi password.
Follow the steps given below to find the Wi-Fi password on iPhone:
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Tap on Apple ID and choose a Keychain. Make sure it is on.
- Tap on System Preferences.
- Click the Apple icon on the top left corner.
- Click Apple ID. And select iCloud.
- Click Applications and open the utility folder.
- Open the Keychain Access app.
- Select the Wi-Fi network of your iPhone or type the network name. Hit the Show Password button.
And your Wi-Fi password is now in front of you. Next, we have our third method, enabling us to find Wi-Fi passwords on iPhone through the router settings.
Method #3: Find the Wi-Fi Password in Router Settings
Suppose you have trouble finding a Wi-Fi password in your home or office. The best source is the Wi-Fi router.
- Ensure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network whose password you want to have.
- Open “Settings.”
- Tap “Wi-Fi.”
- Tap the i-icon next to the Wi-Fi-network name.
- The IP address will appear, tap and hold it to copy the number of the router.
- Open any web browser on your iPhone.
- Paste the router’s IP Address you copied.
- Provide the username and password you created while setting up the router — tap Sign-in.
Important to note: Sometimes, the username and passwords are set by default, so they enter automatically as admin. If not, you’ll find it written somewhere or on the backside of your Wi-Fi router. (All Wi-Fi routers have the same login settings).
- Click on “Wireless” on your iPhone (the button name can vary from router to router). Suppose you don’t have a button ‘Wireless’; tap other controls to find basic Wi-Fi or security settings.
- Finally, you’ll have a Wi-Fi password under the network name.
Make sure you have deleted the previous password and changed it to something new. Save the changes so that you’ll not get trouble finding a Wi-Fi password.
It is easy to forget passwords nowadays as we have login credentials on several social media handles, different apps, and software.
Most devices automatically connect you with the Wi-Fi network you logged in to recently. The problem is that iPhones don’t have the feature of finding a Wi-Fi network’s password.
So, we have provided you with ways and techniques to find the Wi-Fi password of your desired Wi-Fi network. With these three methods, you can find Wi-Fi passwords on your iPhone; follow the above steps, and your issue will be resolved.