There can be multiple reasons for your iPhone to show a “No Service” error, including a software issue, wrong date and time settings, a problem with your cellular data plan, etc. However, you don’t need to fret as numerous workarounds exist to fix this error.
To fix “No Service” on your iPhone, check if you’re within the network coverage area. If this is not the issue, open the Settings app and navigate to General > Reset. Tap “Reset Network Settings,” enter your passcode, and confirm this action.
We have put together a detailed step-by-step guide on how to fix “No Service” on iPhone using various strategies to restore the service quickly.
- Fixing No Service on iPhone
Fixing No Service on iPhone
If you are wondering how to fix “No Service” on your iPhone, our eight step-by-step methods will help you solve this problem without much hassle.
Method #1: Reconnecting Mobile Data
If you can receive and make calls but can’t access the internet on your iPhone, you can quickly turn off and turn on mobile data to fix the “No Service” issue.
- Tap “Settings.”
- Tap “Mobile Data.”
- Tap the toggle next to “Mobile Data” to turn it “Off.”
- Tap the toggle again to turn on the “Mobile Data.”
This process usually restores the internet service on your iPhone.
Method #2: Restarting the iPhone
You can simply restart your device with these steps to get the service back on your iPhone.
- Long press the side and volume up or volume down buttons until you see the power-off slider.
- Drag the slider to the right.
- Once the device turns off completely, wait for one minute.
- Long press the side and volume up or volume down buttons again till you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
Wait for the iPhone to show the Home screen and see if you can get the service back.
Method #3: Resetting Network Settings
If your iPhone still shows a “No Service” error, reset the network settings with these steps.
- Tap “Settings.”
- Tap “General” and go to “Reset.“
- Tap “Reset Network Settings.”
- Enter your iPhone’s passcode and tap “Reset Network Settings” to confirm this action.
Wait for the process to complete, and the service on your iPhone should be restored.
Method #4: Disabling Airplane Mode
When the airplane mode is enabled on your iPhone, it will show the “No Service” error. To fix the issue, disable the Airplane Mode by following these steps.
- On iPhone X or above, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen to reach the “Control Center.”
- Tap the “Airplane Mode” icon to turn it grey.
Confirm that you got the service back on your iPhone.
You can also disable the Airplane Mode by going to “Settings” and tapping the “Airplane Mode” to toggle it off.
Method #5: Updating the Software
Another method to fix the “No Service” error on your iPhone is checking and updating its software.
- Connect your iPhone to the internet and go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Wait till your iPhone checks for the update availability.
- Tap “Install Now” and wait for the latest updates to be installed on your iPhone.
- Hopefully, you’ll get the service back after updating your device’s software.
Method #6: Updating Carrier Settings
Sometimes, the carrier settings are outdated on your iPhone, leading to the “No Service” message on the screen. A quick way to fix this issue is by updating the carrier settings with these steps.
- Connect your iPhone to a stable internet connection.
- Head to Settings > General and tap “About.”
- Tap “Carrier.”
- If a career update is available, install the update.
- Once updated, check if the service is back on your iPhone.
Method #7: Changing Date and Time Settings
One of the reasons for the “No Service” error on your iPhone is the wrong date and time settings. To avoid such situations, enable the time and date to set automatically on your device.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to a stable WiFi network.
- Go to “Settings” and navigate to General > Date and Time.
- Enable “Set Automatically” and check if this fixes the “No Service” issue.
Method #8: Resetting the iPhone
If none of the above methods helped you get rid of the “No Service” error on your iPhone, try resetting all the settings in the following way.
- Head to Settings > General and tap “Reset.”
- Tap the “Reset All Settings” option.
- If required, enter the passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” from the pop-up menu to confirm your action.
The cellular service on your iPhone will now be restored, allowing you to make calls and send text messages.
In this guide on fixing the “No Service” error on iPhone, we have looked into some methods you can use to get the internet and cellular network back on your device.
We hope one of these methods has worked for you, and you can now communicate with your friends and family on your iPhone.