All iPhones come with the text message forwarding feature. In other words, you can forward all text or MMS messages you received or sent on your iPhone. As such, you do not have to type a message you have on your device multiple times. But the underlying question is, how do you forward a text on your iPhone?
Essentially, there are two ways you can forward a text to someone on an iPhone without creating a group chat. The first is to use the forwarding feature where you press and hold the message and then forward it. In contrast, the second method is to use the copy-and-paste feature.
So, whether you are trying to use the iMessage app or another app that supports receiving text, you can use these two methods to forward the text. This article will explain more about how to forward text on an iPhone.
Methods To Forward a Text on iPhone
You can use the Messages app on your iPhone to send and receive iMessages or SMS and MMS. These messages can be forwarded to someone else as received or sent using either of the two methods of forwarding text as you see fit depending on the situation.
You can even set up Continuity on your devices so that when you send or receive SMS or MMS messages on one Apple device, it syncs on your other Apple devices. Keep reading to learn more about forwarding text messages on your iPhone.
Method #1: Using the Forward Feature
When you use the forward feature, it sends the text message exactly as received to the recipient. This method of forwarding messages only works within the same app. Depending on the app, mainly social media or email apps, sometimes, when you forward using this method, it may attach a tag that the message is forwarded.
Here’s how to use the forward feature to forward text on the Messages app.
- Launch the Messages app from the Home screen of your iPhone.
- Find the message you want to forward to someone, or type it and send it to the first recipient.
- Press and hold the message for 2 to 3 seconds or until a bubble pops up.
- In the pop-up message, you will see “Move,” “Copy,” and so on; tap on the “More” option.
- Find and tap on the icon with an arrow pointing to the right.
- The text message will now appear in the text section of a new message thread, and then you can type the phone number of the person you want to forward the message to.
- Tap on “Send” to forward the message.
Method #2: Using the Copy-and-Paste Feature
Another way to forward text on an iPhone is to copy and paste it to the person. This method is useful when you want to forward text messages to someone not using the same app. For example, when you want to forward a message from Messenger or WhatsApp to text.
Here’s how to use the copy-and-paste feature to forward messages on the Messages app.
- Launch the app that houses the text you want to forward.
- Find the text.
- Press and hold the message for 2 to 3 seconds or until a bubble pops up on the message.
- Tap on the “Copy” option from the message that pops up to copy the message.
- Open the app you want to forward the message with and find the contact you wish to forward the message to.
- In the text field, press and hold it for 2 to 3 seconds or until a bubble pops up.
- Tap on the “Paste” option from the message that pops up to paste the message.
- Tap on “Send” to forward the message.
If you want to forward messages on your iPhone but don’t want them to have a forwarded tag, the best option is to copy and paste the text to the recipient.
Forwarding text messages on an iPhone are pretty straightforward, as you can see from this guide. It does not matter whether you are trying to forward a message from the Messages app, email app, or even a social media app; these methods work on them all. So, whether you use the forward feature or the copy-and-paste feature, you should be able to get the message to multiple people with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use the share option when the text you want to forward includes a photo, video, or audio. The share option also allows you to forward the message across platforms.
You can edit messages before forwarding them if you use the right method. Using the forward feature may not always give you the option to edit it. But when you use the copy-and-paste method, you can edit the message before forwarding it.