One of the perks of owning multiple Apple devices is that you can synchronize content and messages across all your Apple devices. If your iPhone or iPad is synced to your MacBook, you can read and reply to messages sent to your iPhone while using your MacBook. However, this feature cannot be used to link an Android phone to a Mac, except if you use third-party software.
To get Android messages on Mac, open the Messages app on your Android device, and go to the website “messages.android.com” on any browser on your Mac. A QR code is displayed on your Mac screen. Scan it by using the “Device Pairing” option on the Messages app of your Android phone. After a successful pairing, it displays all your messages on the Mac screen.
The method above summarizes how you can receive and send Android messages through the web browser of your Mac. We will explain this method in detail and how you can use a third-party app like SyncMate and Airtext to get Android Messages on your Mac.
Getting Android Messages on Mac Using a Web Browser
When Google introduced the web version of the Messages app on Android, it allowed Android users to use their laptops and personal computers to send and receive text messages; a feature common only with Apple devices.
Using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari on your computer, you can send or receive messages to your contacts. The whole process requires you to go to a website and pair your computer to your Android device by using your Android phone to scan the unique QR code provided on the website.
Once you’ve successfully paired, you can use the web version of the Messages app the same way you use the Messages app on your Android phone. Follow the steps below to access your Android messages from the web browser of your Mac computer.
- Open the Messages app on your Android device.
- Launch the web browser on your Mac computer.
- Visit “messages.android.com” or “messages.google.com” on your web browser and click the “Messages for Web” tab on the top right corner of the window. A unique QR code appears on the screen.
- Return to the Messages app on your Android device and tap the three-dot menu at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Device Pairing”.
- Click on “QR Code Scanner”.
- Aim your camera at your Mac screen and scan the unique QR code on the screen with your Android device.
- If you’re using a personal computer, check the “Remember this computer” box to ensure that you don’t have to repeat all these steps anytime you want to use your Mac to view Android messages.
- After successful scanning, your Mac computer displays the Android messages on its screen. You can send and receive messages from your contacts using your Mac computer.
If you’re using a public computer, sign out from the computer when you are done for security reasons.
How To Get Android Messages on Mac Using Third-Party Apps
The web browser option might be the most straightforward option for getting Android messages on your Mac, but it isn’t the only one. Several third-party apps were developed to send and receive your Android messages using your computer, but the most reliable is SyncMate and Airtext.
There are limitations to what you can do with the accessible version of SyncMate. Still, the paid version – SyncMate Expert – allows you to synchronize all your data, including text messages, from your Android device to your Mac.
While the free version only allows you to view the Android messages on your Mac, the paid version allows you to send and receive messages, delete messages, search for specific messages, and send messages to multiple recipients simultaneously.
Airtext is a very effective app that synchronizes Android to Windows, iOS, iPadOS, etc. Although there is a free version of the app, it is limited in functionality, and you’ll have to deal with unwanted ads in the app. To rid yourself of this inconvenience and access its full features, you should get the paid version of Airtext at $4.99 a month.
Follow the steps below to synchronize your Android messages to your Mac using Airtext.
- Download and install the Airtext app from Play Store on your Android phone.
- Launch the app and create an account.
- Download Airtext on your Mac.
- Log in to your Airtext account on your Android device and your Mac. You can send and receive Android messages on your Mac.
Unless you’re willing to spend money to send and receive Android messages on your Mac using third-party apps, you’re better off using the free web browser option that gives you all the necessary features.