BritBox TV is one of the most convenient video streaming platforms owing to how easy it is to download. The platform is a joint venture between BBC and ITV. That’s why it features a vast catalog of classic British content. Additionally, it has a variety of shows from all over the globe; you can compare the platform to Netflix or HBO Max.
BritBox is compatible with almost all Smart TVs, Android phones, and iPhones. To access the service, all you need to do is download the BritBox app from the app store of the device you are using, and you are ready to go.
In this article, the main focus will be on how to download the BritBox app on your smart TV. Considering there are hundreds of TV models, and all of them have different procedures, I will outline a few easy processes for different models.
How Much Is a BritBox Subscription?
One of the main reasons BritBox has risen in popularity relatively quickly in such a short time is because of its competitive pricing. You will need to input a payment plan before accessing the service. Remember to cancel the subscription before the 7-day trial ends if you don’t wish to proceed.
After the 7-day trial expires, you can subscribe to the annual or monthly plan. The monthly plan costs $6.99/month, while the annual plan costs $69.99/year.
BritBox on Samsung Smart TV
To get BritBox on a Samsung smart TV, follow the steps below:
- Power on your TV and scroll to the app store.
- Key in “BritBox” (without the quotes) on the search bar and click on it.
- Click on the “Install” icon.
- After the application is installed, click on “Sign in” if you’re an existing subscriber or “Sign up” if you’re a new user.
How To Sign Up on BritBox as a New User
If you’re a new user, you’ll need to follow the steps mentioned below to sign up:
- On the “Create Account” page, key in all your credentials, such as name, email address, and password, and click on “Create Account.”
- Next, select a plan of your choice, either the monthly or annual plan, then add your payment details.
- After that, the app will load for a few minutes before your account becomes ready for use.
BritBox on Roku
To get BritBox on Roku, follow the steps below:
- Power on your TV and scroll through the apps until you see the “Add Channel” icon.
- Click on “Add Channels” and key in “BritBox” (without the quotes) on the search bar, then click the search icon.
- Once the BritBox logo appears, you will see the Add Channel option on its right. Click on it.
- Navigate back to the home screen and open the BritBox channel, which should be among the top options.
- Click on “Sign in” if you already have an account and input your account name and password. If you don’t have an account, you will be prompted to “Register.”
BritBox on Apple TV
To get BritBox on Apple TV, follow the steps below:
- On your Apple TV home screen, navigate to iTunes.
- Search for “BritBox” (without quotes) on the search bar.
- You’ll see the BritBox app displayed. Now click on the app icon, then click on the “Download“ icon below it.
- After the download is complete, return to your Apple TV home screen and open the BritBox app.
- Sign in if you’re a returning user or register an account if you are a new subscriber.
BritBox is quite accessible regardless of the brand of your smart TV. Even though most TVs are different, the procedures outlined above will work in almost all TVs. Judging by the price, accessibility, and content catalog of this video streaming platform, it is definitely worth the hype it has been getting. Hopefully, this article gets you started on your entertainment journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Given that BritBox charges $6.99 for a monthly subscription for up to 5 devices, you can request to join a group of five people and split the cost through the BritBox website. The group administrator will give you one slot out of the five, and you will only be required to pay $1.40 per month.
Yes, you can. As of early 2022, BritBox is now available in 5 countries: Australia, Canada, the USA, South Africa, and the UK. You can still watch it when you travel overseas if you have a VPN by connecting to a server-based in any of the five countries.
BritBox announced in July 2020 that they plan to expand to at least 25 countries across Europe, Asia, the Middle East, South America, and Africa.