The Hulu app has fans all over the world. Now Hulu fans can watch their favorite shows on their LG TV. But outside the US, you may find it challenging to watch Hulu on an LG TV. So, how can we resolve this?
You can watch Hulu in the US by installing the app on an LG TV. You can find the app by looking for it in the TV’s search bar or browsing through the LG Content Store. If you are not in the US, you can use Hulu by first installing a VPN, then installing the app on your television. You can even install and play Hulu on your Apple AirPlay.
So, always make sure to use a VPN while accessing Hulu outside the US. Here are the steps to install Hulu on an LG TV.
Installing the Hulu App for US Users
You can now directly install Hulu on an LG TV device. These are the latest methods in 2022.
Method #1: Using the Search Bar
- Turn on your LG TV. Enter “Hulu” into the search bar.
- Once you see “Hulu” in the search list, click Install. The app is now loaded on your TV screen.
- Next, launch the Hulu app to sign up for a Hulu account.
Method #2: Using LG Content Store
Sometimes, you may not find Hulu with the LG TV search bar. In that case, try finding it in the LG Content Store using the steps below:
- Press the “Home” button on your TV remote.
- Now, choose “More Apps,” and click on “LG Content Store.”
- In the store, browse through the premium choices.
- Look for the Hulu app in this list and click “Install.”
- You are now ready to begin streaming using the Hulu app.
If you still don’t see the Hulu app after following the methods above, the LG TV probably does not support Hulu. The LG TV needs to have at least webOS 3.5 or higher to support the Hulu app.
Installing Hulu App for Users Not in the US
It is now easy for users, even those not in the US, to use the Hulu app. All they need to do is install a VPN beforehand by following the steps below:
Step #1: Install a Reliable VPN
- First, subscribe to a good VPN provider, e.g., ExpressVPN.
- Next, download the VPN app and install it on the PC.
- Now, log in to ExpressVPN’s DNS settings web page.
- Select the tab “Register My IP Address” and click on the toggle to activate the option “Automatically Register My IP Address.”
- Enter the IP address of MediaStreamer DNS using the setup web page.
- Now, register your hostname and initiate MediaStreamer on your LG TV.
Step #2: Configure the LG TV
- Click on the “Settings” button on the LG TV remote.
- Next, choose the “Advanced” option and then click “Network.”
- Choose the “Wi-Fi” option and click “Edit.”
- You will find a checkbox next to the “Set Automatically” option; uncheck it.
- Note down the MediaStreamer you had saved in the previous step in the DNS field.
- Select “Connect” and restart the TV.
Step #3: Download the App From LG Content Store
- Click on the “Home” button on your remote.
- Next, click “More Apps,” followed by “LG Content Store.”
- In this list, choose the Hulu app and select “Install.”
- Next, sign in to watch your favorite shows on the Hulu app even outside the US.
Watching your favorite shows on Hulu on an LG TV is now a piece of cake. You simply need to ensure that your TV has a version of webOS 3.5 or higher. If so, simply install Hulu from the TV’s search bar or the LG Content Store. For those outside the US, you will need to install a good-quality VPN before you install the app. After setting up the VPN, use the same steps to download and install Hulu.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you cannot find it in the LG TV’s search bar, look for it in the LG Content Store. If it isn’t there, maybe your TV doesn’t support Hulu. You will have to upgrade your TV’s WebOS to version 3.5 or higher. Once this is done, you will find the Hulu app on your LG smart TV.
Press the “Home” button and open the “More Apps” option. Click on it to show the Hulu icon. Click the up arrow on the remote. An “X” appears on the app icon. Click on it to uninstall the app.