Anyone would hardly disagree that stickers make the chat a lot more fun. Installing sticker packs and using them on the iPhone could be tricky. Well, let us help you out on how to get stickers on your iPhone.
To get sticker packs for the iMessage app, tap the App Store icon just left of the conversation box in the iMessage app. From here, tap the four-dot icon to open the app drawer. Clicking on the plus (+) icon will take you to the App Store with featured sticker packs. Tap “Get” to install the desired sticker pack. If you have enabled the related settings, installing sticker packs on iMessage will automatically install them on other apps.
This article will walk you through the step-by-step installation of sticker packs on your iPhone.
Step #1: Get Stickers for iMessage
iPhone 10 saw the inclusion of stickers in the iMessage app, following in the footsteps of Messenger and WhatsApp. Apple now allows you to install many sticker packs on your iPhone. Here is how to do it.
- Open the iMessage app and go to any conversation.
- Tap the App Store icon on the left of the conversation box. This will open up all the pre-installed stickers.
- Tap the four-dot icon you see in the lower-left corner. This will stick up the app drawer.
- Tap the plus (+) option appearing at the beginning of the drawer. You will be redirected to the App Store with the featured sticker packs on display.
- Install the desired sticker pack by tapping on the “Get” button in the app description. For paid sticker packs, tap the price tag, and you will be redirected to the standard purchase procedure.
- Locate the “Manage” tab in the App Store. Here, you can toggle the installed apps on.
This should effectively install the sticker pack add-on to the iMessage app.
Step #2: Get iMessage Stickers on Other Apps
You might wonder if you can use the iMessage sticker packs on other apps. Yes, of course. Here is what to do.
- Follow the above procedure to open the iMessage App Store.
- Go to the “Manage” tab.
- Toggle the “Automatically Add Apps” option to green.
This will automatically add all sticker packs you install to the app drawer. Hence, you can use them in any other app.
Step #3: Use Installed Stickers in Chat
Suppose you are confused about how to use stickers from the installed sticker packs in the chat. Here is what to do.
- Open the chat box in which you want to use the sticker.
- Tap the App Store icon next to the chat box. This will open the stickers tab.
- Tap the four-dot icon in the lower-left corner. This will open up the app drawer.
- Tap the sticker pack you wish to use. All the stickers in the pack will appear.
- Tap and hold the sticker you intend to use and drop it in the chat box.
That is how you can easily use the installed stickers in the chat.
If you’re the creative type and prefer to create your own stickers, the iPhone App Store has something in place for you. Several apps (such as sticker.ly) allow you to make new stickers. You can upload a photo, remove the background, and add text and style to create a sticker of your liking.
In short, you can install sticker packs directly from the iMessage App Store. Enabling the “Add Apps Automatically” option will allow you to use the sticker packs across different apps. You can access the newly installed sticker pack in the app drawer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to the iMessage app and tap the App Store icon. Tap the four-dot icon on the pop-up’s lower left corner. This will redirect you to the sticker packs in the App Store. Some of the sticker packs are paid for, and others are free. Select the desired free pack and tap the “Get” button. This will install the pack. You can further enable it in the “Manage” tab of the App Store.
To get WhatsApp stickers on iPhone, open any individual/group chat in WhatsApp. Open the stickers tab. You will see a plus (+) icon in the right corner. Tapping it will lead you to a sticker pack store. Here, tap the download arrow in front of the sticker pack you want to install. This will install the sticker pack on your WhatsApp.
Not all of them. Although some sticker packs on the iPhone App Store are paid for, plenty of sticker packs are available for free. Also, using free apps like sticker.ly, you can create your sticker packs.