Are you a fan of Memoji? If you are, Apple has enabled Apple Watch users to create and use Memoji characters as their Apple Watch faces. Plus, Apple also allows sending Memoji stickers from the Messages app. The question now is, how do you get Memoji on an Apple Watch?
To get Memoji on an Apple Watch, you have to download the Memoji app on your Apple Watch or iPhone. Next, you create a Memoji character of your choice and then set it as your Apple Watch face or send it to family and friends via the Messages app.
On the Memoji app on your Apple Watch, you can edit, create, duplicate and even delete a Memoji. If you have already created a Memoji sticker on your Apple Watch or iPhone, you can easily set it as your Apple Watch face.
This guide will show you how to set Memoji as your Apple Watch face.
How To Set Memoji As the Apple Watch Face
Using Memoji on Apple Watch is a feature that lets you customize your Apple Watch just how you love it. However, using Memoji as your Apple Watch face is available on Apple Watch Series 4 and later.
When you want to set a Memoji sticker as your Apple Watch face, there are two ways of going about it. Below, we elaborated on the steps to follow for each method of setting a Memoji as your Apple Watch face.
Method #1: Using Apple Watch
To set a Memoji sticker as your Apple Watch face, you need to get the Memoji app available in the App Store on your Apple Watch.
Launch the Memoji app on your Apple Watch, and create the perfect Memoji sticker with several options at your disposal to customize the skin, eyes, hair, and so on. When satisfied, tap on “Done”, which will add your Memoji sticker to your collection. You can now proceed to set the Memoji sticker you created as your Apple Watch face.
Here’s how to use the Apple Watch to set Memoji as the Apple Watch face.
- Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch or hold the display to open the “Apps” screen.
- Open the Memoji app if you have already installed it; if not, open the App Store, install, and launch the app.
- If it’s your first time using Memoji, tap on the plus (+) sign at the top of your Apple Watch screen to create a new Memoji; if not, simply select a Memoji of your choice to proceed.
- Personalize the Memoji sticker by adjusting the skin tone, hair, eyes, and so on to suit your wants.
- Swipe to the left to set the background color, and swipe to the left to select your complications.
- When satisfied, tap on the Digital Crown to save and return to the watch face, and the Memoji sticker will now be set as your Watch face.
To use the Memoji app on your Apple Watch, you must be running on watchOS 7 or higher.
Method #2: Using iPhone
Creating and using a Memoji sticker from your iPhone is a different ball game.
To create a new Memoji on your iPhone, open the Watch app and navigate to “Face Gallery”. Scroll down and tap on the “Memoji” option to open the window where you can access customizing features like skin color, eyes, hairstyle, etc. Depending on your mood, you can easily create multiple Memoji to swap between them.
Here’s how to use an iPhone to set Memoji as the Apple Watch face.
- Open the Watch app on an iPhone you paired with the Apple Watch.
- When the app opens, it displays the “My Watch” section, so tap on the “Face Gallery” at the bottom middle of your screen.
- Scroll down and tap on the Memoji face to open the Memoji editing menu.
- You can select the Memoji character of your choice from the editing menu and then edit the skin color, eyes, hairstyle, and so on to suit your desires.
- Scroll down and edit the complication section.
- When satisfied, scroll up and tap on the “Add” button beside the Apple Watch Face icon.
When you create Memoji or Animoji characters, they animate when you raise your wrist or tap on the Watch face.
Adding a Memoji sticker to your Apple Watch face is straightforward. You can create an animated version of yourself using the Memoji and make it your Apple Watch face. The best part is that it is animated, so the facial expression will keep changing when you raise your hand.