iOS is completely different from Android in every aspect, from the level of security to the features. Switching from Android to iOS could be a seamless process, but not when it comes to transferring photos. Transferring photos from your Android phone to your iPhone could be difficult because of a completely new UI and features.
There are different ways to transfer photos from an Android phone to an iPhone. You can share photos using Google Photos and the Move to iOS app. You might find this whole process a bit complicated. But don’t worry; we are here to help you with this.
In simple steps, this tutorial explains how to get photos from your Android smartphone to your iPhone. We have added two methods to do the same. All the methods are working, and you can use any method that looks more straightforward to you.
Besides this, we have tried to explain every step in detail to help you understand better.
2 Ways To Get Photos From Android to iPhone
We have mentioned two methods in this section to help you transfer the photos and videos present in your Android phone to your iPhone. You can follow any below-mentioned to transfer photos from your Android phone to your iPhone.
Method #1: Using the Move to iOS App
One of the first ways to share photos from Android to iOS is the Move to iOS app. It is a useful data-transferring application officially developed by Apple. It lets Android users transfer their Android data to iPhone and vice versa.
It’s an integrated application in all Apple products requiring data transfer. Using the Move to iOS app, you can also transfer your photos.
To transfer photos from Android to iOS with the Move to iOS app will reset your iPhone. As a result, all the data stored in your iPhone will be erased. So, make sure to create a backup in case something goes wrong.
Here’s how you can share photos from Android to iPhone using the Move to iOS app.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Head to the “General” > “Reset” > “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Download the Move to iOS app on your Android phone.
- Open the app on Android and accept all permissions.
- Open the Move to iOS app on your iPhone.
- Click “Continue” on both phones.
- Enter the 12-digit code displayed on your iPhone on your Android phone.
- Select the files you want to transfer from your Android smartphone to your new iPhone.
Method #2: Using Google Photos
Google Photos is another great way to quickly send all the pictures stored on your Android phone to your iPhone. This app has an Automatic Sync option that automatically uploads all your photos to your Google Drive account. You can access all your iPhone photos by logging into Google Drive with the same Google account. It’s pretty easy, so follow the steps mentioned below to do the same.
Here’s how you can share photos from your Android phone to your iPhone with Google Photos.
- Download the Google Photos app on your Android phone.
- Log in with your Google account in the Google Photos app to automatically upload all your photos and videos to your Google Drive account.
- Open the Google Photos app on your Android Phone and tap “Profile”.
- Choose “Photos Settings” > “Backup & Sync”.
- Tap the toggle to enable it. If you see the toggle in blue, that means it is enabled.
- Download the Google Drive app on your iPhone.
- Sign in with the same Google account you used while logging in on your Android smartphone.
- Tap the hamburger menu.
- Head to the Settings > “Backup and Reset” > “Backup by Google One” > “Backup using mobile or metered Wi-Fi data”.
You can do the same with all your Google Accounts for which you want to enable the Automatic Sync option. Google Photos is one of the best methods as it doesn’t require technical knowledge and can be done easily.
These are the two easiest methods to get photos from your Android smartphone to your iPhone. This tutorial made photo sharing between Android phones and iPhones much easier and smoother. You can easily transfer photos from your phone to your iPhone using Google Photos and the Move to iOS app. Both methods are handier and require only a few simple steps to transfer the photos and other files.
We suggest following the methods mentioned above to know everything in detail.