Showtime is a popular US-based entertainment company that boasts a vast collection of TV shows, series, sports, comedies, documentaries, and movies. And thanks to the internet, you can now stream some popular shows such as Homeland, Shameless, and Billions, to name a few. All this is possible at the click of a button if you have a smart TV in your home.
Before streaming your favorite content on Showtime, you must first install the app on your smart TV. But this can be confusing as the steps to follow differ from one smart TV model to another because they come installed with a different operating system (OS). Below is a look at how you can get Showtime on different smart TVs, including the following.
• Android Smart TV.
• Samsung Smart TV.
Once you know the steps to follow on any of these smart TV models, you can start watching whatever content you wish on the Showtime app. Without further ado, continue reading to learn everything you want to know about adding Showtime to your smart TV. Let’s get started.
Method #1: Installing the Showtime App on Your Android Smart TV
The Showtime app is available in the Google Play Store, where you can download it for free. This app is supported on all Android TVs, including Sharp Smart TV, Sony Smart TV, Hisense Smart TV, TCL Smart TV, Skyworth Smart TV, Philips Smart TV, JVC Smart TV, and Panasonic Smart TV.
If you own any of these Android TVs, you stream Showtime TV shows and movies after installing the app of this streaming service. Below are the steps to follow when installing the Showtime app on your Android Smart TV:
- Switch on your Android TV and connect it to the internet.
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Tap on the search icon.
- Use the virtual on-screen keyboard to enter “Showtime” and click on the search icon.
- Click on the Showtime app from the list of suggestions.
- Tap on the “Install” button.
- Open the Showtime app.
- Log in to your Showtime account by entering your account credentials.
Once you’ve signed into your account, you can start streaming the many exciting TV shows and movies offered by Showtime on your Android Smart TV.
Method #2: Installing the Showtime App on Your Samsung Smart TV
You can also get the Showtime app on your Samsung Smart TV, which normally runs on the Tizen operating system. Alternatively, you can install the Showtime Anytime app on your Samsung Smart TV to stream the many TV shows and movies free of annoying ad interruption. These two apps are compatible with Samsung Smart TVs.
Below are the steps you need to follow to get Showtime on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Correctly connect your Samsung Smart TV to the power cable and turn it on.
- Connect your Samsung Smart TV to a stable Wi-Fi internet connection.
- Press the “Smart Hub” button on the remote of your Samsung Smart TV.
- Select the “Apps” option.
- Scroll to the search bar and enter the Showtime app or Showtime Anytime app using the on-screen keyboard.
- Search for the Showtime Anytime app or Showtime app and tap on it from the list of suggested apps.
- Tap the “Download” button to install this app on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Launch the Showtime app or Showtime Anytime app once their installation is complete.
- Sign in to your account on the Showtime app or Showtime Anytime app by correctly entering the appropriate login credentials.
But before you can start streaming either using the Showtime Anytime app or Showtime app, you first need to activate Showtime Anytime or Showtime on your Samsung Smart TV. Here are the steps to activate the Showtime app.
- Open the Showtime app.
- Select “Start Your Free Trial” on your Samsung Smart TV, and an activation code will appear on the screen.
- Browse showtime.com/Samsung using your smartphone or PC.
- Enter the code in the appropriate field on your smartphone or PC.
- Follow the instructions on your screen and sign up for Showtime.
After all this, your Samsung Smart TV will restart, and you can start watching the broad range of content on Showtime. If you downloaded the Showtime Anytime app, here are the steps to follow to activate this app.
- Open the Showtime Anytime app.
- Go to “Settings” and click on the “Activate” option.
- You’ll see an activation code on your Samsung Smart TV screen.
- Head to showtimeanytime.com/activate to activate the Showtime Anytime app.
- Key in the activation code in the appropriate field and tap on the “Submit” button.
- Log in using the credentials of your TV provider for verification reasons. After this, you can watch any content on your Samsung Smart TV using the Showtime Anytime app.
There’s no better way to watch your favorite movies or TV shows than on a big screen. Today, this is possible thanks to smart TVs, which save you the hassle of streaming content on Showtime either on your laptop or smartphone. But before you can enjoy watching Showtime on your smart TV, you first need to install it, and only then can you watch the content you want.
If you’re uncertain about how you can install the Showtime app on your smart TV, don’t have any such concerns anymore. This in-depth post has detailed how you can go ahead and install Showtime on your smart TV. And with this knowledge, you can start watching any content you want on Showtime while unwinding after a long day.