Setting up voicemail on your iPhone is easy. But it is important to note that not all service providers support voicemail. So, if you are having issues trying to get voicemail on your iPhone, it could be because your service provider does not support it. However, aside, how can you get voicemail on your iPhone?
Some people get voicemail on their iPhones using a smart voicemail app. Launch the Phone app, tap on the “Voicemail” section, and follow the setup procedure to get voicemail on an iPhone. Another way to get voicemail on your iPhone is by calling your service provider.
Most people don’t have voicemail set up on their devices because using it can be inconvenient and time-consuming. But at the same time, it is quite useful as it lets people leave a message when you are unavailable. To learn more about how to get voicemail on your iPhone, keep reading this article as we elaborate on the different ways to go about it.
Different Methods for Getting Voicemail on iPhone
There are different ways to set up voicemail on your iPhone. Below we discussed three methods to get voicemail on your device in no time.
Method #1: Using the Phone App
When you want to activate voicemail on your iPhone, the most common method is using the Phone app. In the Phone app, there is a section dedicated to voicemail messages. When you set up your voicemail, you can also go to this section of your phone app to listen to voicemail.
Here’s how to get voicemail on your iPhone using the Phone app.
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Voicemail” icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap on “Set Up Now” to enable voicemail on your iPhone.
- You will be asked to create a password of four to six digits long.
- Create a greeting message (you can select a preset voicemail greeting or customize one).
- Tap on “Done” to complete your voicemail setup process.
Method #2: Calling Your Service Provider
If you are having issues using the Phone app to set up voicemail on your iPhone, you can also get voicemail by contacting your service provider. People who use older versions of the iPhone will not get the voicemail feature in their Phone app; hence, they have to contact their service provider. If your service provider supports voicemail, you must know the right number to contact to speak with a representative.
Here’s how to get voicemail on your iPhone by calling your service provider.
- Launch the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Open the dial pad and call the contact phone number of your service provider.
- When you get connected to a service provider, tell the agent you want to set up your voicemail, and they will direct you on how to set up voicemail on your iPhone in your region.
Method #3: Using a Voicemail App
Finally, it is possible to get voicemail on your iPhone using a voicemail app. Several third-party voicemail apps you can download on iPhone work better than traditional voicemail services. One particular voicemail app that works this way is the Vxt voicemail app.
Here’s how to get voicemail on your iPhone using the voicemail app.
- Go to the App Store and download the Vxt Smart voicemail app.
- Launch the app and register on the app using your phone number and carrier.
- You can use the app to send and receive voicemails when registration is complete.
Getting voicemail on your iPhone is pretty straightforward. If you are still having issues with getting voicemail on your iPhone, then you should contact your service provider. The contact information for each service provider is available on their website. Take note that traffic may be high depending on the time of the day you contact your service provider. But eventually, you should be connected and can speak with a representative that will assist you with your issue.
Frequently Asked Question
Visual voicemail is like voicemail, but it is a direct access voicemail that includes a visual interface. Visual voicemail gives users the ability to view a list of messages. Visual voicemail can be offered by either the service provider or third-party apps.
To change your voicemail password, go to Settings > “Phone” > “Change Voicemail Password”. Enter a four or six-digit password, re-enter it, and tap on the “Done” button at the top right corner of your screen to save.