Without any doubt, Peloton is the single fitness tool you need to bring the best trainers and teachers to your lounge. With an Apple TV and account, the only thing that can come between you and the Peloton app is its installation process. It’s only fair to ask how to install the Peloton app on your Apple TV.
To install the Peloton app on your Apple TV, you first must sign into the Apple TV with your account. After that, go to the App Store. Here, search for the Peloton app from the search bar. Click on the Peloton app icon. Subsequently, click the “Install” button. Make sure you’ve bought the subscription on another device, for example, your macOS or iPhone.
In this article, I’ll take you, step by step, through the simple but tricky process of installing the Peloton app on your Apple TV.
Step #1: Sign In to Apple TV
Before touching the Peloton app, the first and foremost thing you need to do is to sign into your Apple TV using your Apple account. It is to make sure you can use the App Store. Here’s what you need to do.
- Turn on your Apple TV.
- Tap the app menu icon on your Apple TV remote.
- Scroll down to the Settings app and open it.
- Click on the “Users & Accounts” option.
- Click on the “Add User” option.
- You can sign in either using your iPhone or doing it manually.
- Using iPhone: Select the “Sign in with iPhone” option. After that, move your iPhone near the Apple TV. It will transfer your Apple ID to the TV.
- Manually: Select the “Sign in Manually” option. After that, enter your Apple ID and password. It’ll ask for a verification code. Enter it.
Once you’re signed in, your name will show up. Now, you can use this Apple ID to purchase apps.
Step #2: Install the Peloton App on Apple TV
Once you’ve signed into your Apple account, you can install apps from the App Store. Here’s how you can get the Peloton app.
- Go to the app menu on your Apple TV.
- Navigate to the search bar at the top-right of the screen.
- Search for the Peloton app.
- Once on the Peloton app screen, tap on the “Get” button.
- It’ll ask for your Apple account password. Enter it.
- It’ll ask you to set a password requirement timeframe.
Once you have installed the Peloton app, you can open it from the app menu.
Step #3: Set Up the Peloton App
You can open the Peloton app once installed, but you’ll need the Peloton app membership to access its contents. The membership costs $12.99 per month. Here’s how you can buy it.
- Go to OnePeloton.
- From the “App Membership” tab, select the “Try the App for Free” option.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your credit card details.
- Tap on the “Start My Membership” button.
You’ll have to confirm your email and set up your account. Once that’s through, you can go to your Apple TV and enter the Peloton app by entering these credentials.
Now, you can access and add the different exercise and meditation sessions to your list. You can also buy Peloton’s exercise products for a wholesome experience.
In short, before anything, you need to sign into your Apple TV account. Next, go to the App Store and download the Peloton app. Lastly, buy a OnePeloton membership if you haven’t already and sign in to the Peloton app on your Apple TV using these credentials.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yep! The Peloton app does work on the Apple Watch. It enables you to track and get guides for several exercises.
To get the Peloton app on your Apple Watch, firstly, you need to buy a Peloton app membership. Then, from the Watch app on your iPhone, install the Peloton app. Once you’re done with the installation, sign in with the account you’ve bought a Peloton membership. Viola! You should be able to see the Peloton app installed on your Apple Watch.
Generally, the Peloton app membership costs you $12.99 plus taxes per month. But if you happen to be a Peloton Bike or Peloton Tread owner, you’re in luck because the Peloton app membership is included in your “All-Access” plan. Apart from that, you get a free 30 days trial at the start. In this period and afterward, you can cancel your membership any time you wish.