The iOS devices usually come with multiple exciting features, and inverting colors on iPhone is one of them. It’s a fun activity and is pretty helpful for colorblind people. However, many people don’t know how color inversion works on their iPhones.
To invert colors on iPhone, open Settings and navigate to “General”> “Accessibility”. Under the “Vision” section, tap “Daily Accommodations” and “Invert Colors”. On the next screen, tap the toggle for either “Smart Invert” or “Classic Invert”.
We have put together a detailed guide on how to invert colors on iPhone with simple step-by-step instructions. We will also discuss inverting colors on Photos on your iOS device.
- Inverting Colors on iPhone
- Inverting Colors on a Photo on iPhone
Inverting Colors on iPhone
If you’re wondering how to invert colors on iPhone, our 3 step-by-step methods will help you through this process without much trouble.
Method #1: Using Accessibility Settings
With these steps, you can quickly invert colors on your iPhone using Accessibility Settings.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap “General”.
- Tap “Accessibility”.
- Tap the “Daily Accommodations” option under the “Vision” section.
- Tap “Invert Colors”.
- Tap the toggle for either “Smart Invert” or “Classic Invert” to enable “Invert Colors” on your iPhone.
Smart invert will reverse the display’s colors except for images, media, and apps that use dark color styles. Classic invert, on the contrary, will reverse the entire display colors on your iPhone.
Method #2: Using Accessibility Shortcut
Suppose you don’t want to keep the inverted colors enabled all the time on your iPhone. In that case, you can use the Accessibility Shortcut to instantly enable and disable them by pressing the power button thrice.
- Tap Settings and navigate to “General”> “Accessibility” on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap “Accessibility Shortcut”.
- Choose either the “Classic Invert” or “Smart Invert” option from the menu appearing on your screen.
The Accessibility Shortcut for inverted colors is successfully enabled on your iPhone and will be activated by pressing the power button three times.
Method #3: Using iOS 13 and Later
If you own an iOS 13 or later version of the iPhone, you can quickly invert colors on your iPhone using Accessibility Settings.
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to “Accessibility” > “Display & Text Size”.
- Tap the toggle to turn on “Smart Invert” on your iPhone.
Inverting Colors on a Photo on iPhone
On your iPhone, you can also invert the colors of the images saved on your device. Our 3 step-by-step methods will help you perform this task without difficulty.
Method #1: Using the Photoshop Express App
Photoshop Express is one of the best photo-editing apps that allows you to invert colors on your iPhone images with a few taps.
- Install the Photoshop Express app on your iPhone and open it.
- Tap “Edit” and choose the photo you want to invert.
- Tap “Basics” under the “Looks” tab.
- Scroll to the right and tap “Invert”. Your selected photo is successfully inverted on your iPhone.
- Tap “Share” and select “Save” to save the inverted photo to your iPhone library.
Method #2: Using the Lightroom App
Another third-party app you can use to invert the photo colors on your iPhone is Lightroom. This app has many other editing features, too, and allows you to adjust the contrast ratio and make other changes to the images.
You can invert colors on a photo on your iPhone using the Lightroom app in the following way.
- Install and open Lightroom on your iPhone.
- Tap the small photo icon at the bottom and choose the picture you want to invert.
- Tap “Light” at the bottom and select “Curve”.
- In the “Tone Curve”, drag the bottom-left point to the top left and the top-right one to the bottom right.
- The picture will now appear inverted, and you can now adjust its exposure and contrast if you want.
- Tap “Share” and select “Export to Camera Roll” to save the inverted photo on your iPhone.
Method #3: Using the PhotoDirector App
PhotoDirector is another photo editing app you can use to invert the colors of images on your iPhone. Using the color curve on this app, you can do all the color inversion customizations possible on your image.
- Download and launch the PhotoDirector app on your iPhone.
- Tap “Edit” and choose an image from your iPhone library.
- Tap the “Adjustments” option at the bottom.
- Scroll through the menu and tap “Curve”.
- On the curve, move the bottom-left ball to the upper left and the upper right to the bottom right.
- The colors on your chosen picture are inverted now.
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to invert colors on iPhone using Accessibility Settings and Accessibility Shortcuts. We have also tried inverting picture colors using third-party apps like Lightroom, Photoshop Express, and PhotoDirector.
Hopefully, one of these methods has worked for you, and you can now experience color variations on your iPhone.