Are you looking for ways to layer pictures on your iPhone? Unfortunately, there is no built-in overlaying feature in the Photos app. However, you can use different apps to separate different elements of a picture on your iPhone.
To layer photos on iPhone, install and open the Snapseed app, tap the screen, choose “Open from device”, and select an image. In the “TOOLS” section, select “Double exposure”.
Tap the photo icon at the bottom and choose a photo for layering. Once done, tap the checkmark, select “Export”, and click “Save” to save the image to your Camera Roll.
We have put together a detailed guide for you on how to layer photos on iPhone using different third-party apps like Snapseed, Photoleap Editor, Canva, etc.
- Why Layer Photos on iPhone
- Layering Photos on iPhone
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Layer Photos on iPhone
Some of the main reasons for layering photos on iPhone are mentioned below.
- To add extra texture to the image.
- To include more new elements in the pictures.
- To increase the depth of an image.
- To quickly edit the image.
Layering Photos on iPhone
If you are wondering how to layer Photos on iPhone, our 4 step-by-step methods will help you perform this task without much hassle.
Method #1: Using the Snapseed App
Snapseed is a photo-editing app that lets you layer photos on your iPhone using these simple steps.
- Download Snapseed from App Store and launch it on your iPhone.
- Tap anywhere on the screen, select “Open from device”, and choose a picture.
- Tap “TOOLS” and tap “Double exposure”.
- Tap the photo icon from the bottom and select a picture for layering.
- Use the cards and droplet icons at the bottom to make the changes you want.
Once you are satisfied with layering the photo, select the checkmark, tap “Export”, and select “Save” to save the picture successfully on your iPhone’s Camera Roll.
Method #2: Using the Photoleap Editor
Follow these quick steps to layer photos on your iPhone using the Photoleap Editor by Lightricks app.
- Install and open the Photoleap Editor app on your iPhone.
- Tap the plus (+) icon in the middle and select photos for layering.
- Choose one photo, tap the tiles icon on top, and tap the plus (+) icon.
- Tap “Import” and select the other photo you have chosen earlier.
- Tap “Blending” from the bottom and tap “Overlay” for layering the two images.
You can adjust the photo’s size, filter, and layout using the different options placed at the bottom.
Method #3: Using Canva
Canva is another excellent photo-editing application that you can use to layer photos on your iPhone by following the steps below.
Step #1: Installing Canva and Selecting the First Photo
Download the Canva app on your iPhone from App Store and open it. Tap the plus (+) icon in the bottom-right corner. Tap “Use your own photos” at the bottom and choose a picture from your device. Choose a template and tap “Create” at the top-right corner of the screen.
Step #2: Choosing Photos for Layering
Select the plus (+) icon in the bottom-left corner and tap “Uploads”. Tap “Upload media”, select “Photo Library” from the pop-up menu, and choose an image for layering. Tap “Add” and select the chosen image afterward.
Step #3: Editing & Saving the Photos
Edit the pictures using the Effects, Filter, Adjust, Transparency, and other options at the bottom. Once done, tap “Share” at the top, choose “Download”, and select the file type. Tap “Download” and select “Save Image” from the pop-up menu to save the layered image to the camera roll.
Method #4: Using the Layout App
One of the best ways to layer photos on an iPhone is using the free Layout app.
- Install and launch the Layout app on your iPhone.
- Tap the photos you want to layer from the main screen.
- The app will display various layouts at the top. Choose a layout and tap it.
- Use the tools at the bottom for editing and layering the photo.
Select “Save” from the upper-right corner to save the layered photo on your iPhone, and tap “Done” to close the app.
In this guide on how to layer photos on iPhone, we have explored multiple apps you can use for overlaying pictures. We have looked into the photo-editing apps like Snapseed, Photoleap Editor, Canva, and Layout for superimposing photos on your device.
Hopefully, we have answered your query, and you can now successfully separate different elements of a photo.
Frequently Asked Questions
To layer one photo on another, open the first image in the Photoshop app. Add the second image in the same project. Edit the picture using different editing features of the app. Select the name and location for the photo and tap “Export” to save it successfully.