Do you want to sign out of YouTube on your iPhone but cannot find the option yourself? Don’t fret; this can be done without breaking a sweat.
To log out of YouTube on your iPhone, tap your profile icon at the top-right corner. Tap “Switch Account”. Select “Use YouTube signed out”.
To make this task easier, we have written a comprehensive guide on how to log out of YouTube on iPhone, in simple and easy-to-follow instructions. We have also discussed deleting your YouTube channel and account.
Logging Out of YouTube on an iPhone
Suppose you don’t know how to log out of YouTube on your iPhone. Our following 3 step-by-step methods will help you accomplish this task without difficulty.
Method #1: Logging Out of the App
You can easily log out of your YouTube app by using the “Use YouTube signed out” feature on the app on your iPhone in the following way.
- Launch YouTube.
- At the top-right corner, tap your profile icon.
- Tap “Switch Account”.
- Tap “Use YouTube signed out”.
You’ll now be signed out of your YouTube account on your iPhone but can still use the app.
Method #2: Logging Out of the Website
When using the YouTube website on your iPhone, you can easily log out with the following simple steps.
- Launch the YouTube website on your iPhone and tap your profile icon at the top-right corner.
- Tap your name at the top.
- Tap “Sign out”, and that’s about it!
Method #3: Removing Your Account
To log out of your YouTube account on your iPhone, you can remove it completely with the help of these steps.
- Launch the YouTube app or go to their website.
- Tap your profile icon.
- Tap your account name appearing at the top.
- Tap “Manage accounts on this device”.
- Choose “Remove from this device” to uninstall the app and log out simultaneously.
Deleting Your YouTube Account on an iPhone
To delete your YouTube account permanently, do these steps on your iPhone.
- Launch YouTube and tap your profile icon.
- Tap “Manage your Google account”.
- Tap “Data & personalization”.
- Tap “Delete a service or your account”.
- Tap “Delete a Google Service” and type in your account password.
- Tap the trash can icon next to “YouTube” to delete your channel.
This method will remove your channel along with all its data. However, your Google account will still exist, and all you’ll need to do is log into YouTube with your credentials to access it. You can also create a new channel with the same account.
Permanently Deleting Your YouTube Channel on an iPhone
If you no longer wish to use your YouTube channel on your iPhone, you can delete it entirely with just a few simple steps.
- Launch the YouTube website on your iPhone and log in with your credentials.
- Tap the three dots at the top-right corner and select “Desktop Site”.
- Click the hamburger icon at the top-left corner, and navigate to “Settings” > “Advanced settings”.
- Click “Delete channel” and enter your password to sign in to your account again.
- Click “I want to permanently delete my channel” to open a drop-down menu.
- Read and check the two empty boxes, and click “Delete my content”.
Your YouTube channel will be deleted, including your subscriptions, likes, comments, playlists, etc.
You can temporarily hide your channel by clicking “I want to hide my channel” instead of deleting your YouTube account.
In this guide, we have discussed how to log out of YouTube on iPhone. We have also discussed permanently deleting your YouTube channel and account using easy-to-follow methods.
Hopefully, your query is resolved, and you can easily watch YouTube video clips without signing into the app on your iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Launch the YouTube app on your phone and, at the top-right corner, tap the profile icon. Tap “Sign in”. Tap “Add account”. Next, follow the on-screen prompts and type in your details to create a YouTube account.
To change YouTube settings, launch a web browser on your computer, go to YouTube Studio, and log in. In the left pane, click “Settings” and select “Upload defaults”. Now, set all your preferred settings for your YouTube channel.
Open your phone’s Settings app and select “Apps/Apps and Notifications”. Locate and select the YouTube app from the list. Go to the app page and select “Storage and cache”. Choose “Clear cache”.
Your YouTube account can be hacked in a few different ways. There is a chance that your information is exposed due to a data breach, which may occur through the YouTube platform itself, a malicious third-party website or app, or even a phishing attempt.