Are you a new Mac user and want to insert a bullet point on a text editor? Although the process seems simple, it can be frustrating sometimes.
To make a bullet point on a Mac, position the cursor where you need it on a text editor, and hold the Option + 8 keys simultaneously to add a regular solid black bullet point.
We have put together a step-by-step guide on making a bullet point on Mac to simplify the task. We will also discuss creating bulleted lists using MS Word and other apps.
Making a Bullet Point on Your Mac
If you are wondering how to make a bullet point on Mac, our following two step-by-step methods will help you go through this process quickly.
Method #1: Using Shortcut Keys
You can make a bullet point on Mac using shortcut keys in the following way.
- Open the document or page on Mac.
- Position the cursor where you want to insert the bullet.
- Hold the Option + 8 keys on your Mac keypad simultaneously to add a basic solid black bullet point.
Method #2: Copying Bullets From Online Lists
You can add different styles of bullets by copying and pasting their Unicode from the third-party website with the steps below.
- Open the browser on your Mac.
- Navigate to the Piliapp or Bullet Point Symbol website.
- Click the bullet symbol.
- Return to the document or page where you want to add it.
- Press Command + V to paste it.
Creating a Bulleted List on Your Mac
Instead of adding bullet points manually to your lists, you can create automatically indented bulleted lists on Mac using Word and other apps.
Method #1: Using MS Word
You can create a bulleted list using MS Word on a Mac with these steps.
Way #1: Using Menu Bar Settings
- Open MS Word.
- Go to “Home” from the main menu.
- Click the bullets icon to add a list.
Way #2: Using Shortcut Keys
You can use Mac keyboard keys to create a bulleted list using MS word in the following way.
- Open MS Word on Mac.
- Move the cursor where you want to add a list.
- Press the Command + Shift + L keys to create a bulleted list.
Method #2: Using Keynote and Pages
It is possible to create bullet lists using the built-in features in Mac apps like Pages and Keynote in the following way.
- Open Keynote.
- Position the cursor at the start of the text and drag across the words to select it.
- Choose “Format” from the sidebar.
- Click “Style”.
- Select “List Style” from the menu.
- Click the bullet to add it.
In this guide, we’ve discussed making a bullet point on Mac using shortcut keys and copying their Unicode symbols from third-party websites. We have also explained how to create automatically indented bulleted lists on MS Word and other Mac applications.
Hopefully, your query is resolved, and you can now list the features of the topics you’ve been working on without hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make a bulleted list in Google docs, click the bulleted list icon from the toolbar or hold down the Command + Shift + 8 keys on your Mac keyboard.
To put space between text and bullet points, click a bullet icon of the list to select whole list bullets. Right-click and choose “Adjust List Indents”. Change the margin value of the bullet position or the text-indent and click “OK” to add or change space between the text and bullets.