When you have a lot of files and apps on your device, you may want to organize them. That’s where the folders come in. With a few taps, you can create a folder and start organizing apps and files on your Android phone.
To make a folder on Android, tap and hold an app or file, drag and drop it on another app. You can also create a file folder by launching the Files/Files Manager app and going to the preferred directory. Tap the three dots in the top right corner and select “New Folder.” Name the folder and tap “OK.”
In this article, we will discuss how to make a folder on Android and arrange your content with the help of quick step-by-step instructions.
Creating Folder on Android
If you are thinking of making a folder in Android, here are two complete methods to do this task without wasting any time.
Method #1: Creating Folder for Organizing Files
If you want to manage files on your Android phone and arrange them into different folders, follow the below steps.
- Open the Files or File Manager app.
- Head to the preferred directory and tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the “Create Folder/New Folder” option and name it.
- Tap “OK” to save the folder.
If you want to create a file folder on your iPhone to arrange files, go to the Files app, open a location or folder, and swipe down from the center of the screen. Tap the “three dots” and select New Folder. Name the folder and tap “Done.”
Method #2: Creating Folder for Arranging Apps
To organize the apps on your Android phone, you can create a folder in the following way.
- Go to the Home Panel or App Drawer where the apps are located.
- Tap and hold an app, drag and place it on top of another app to create a folder.
- Tap the folder to view the apps, or drag and drop more apps to organize them within the same folder.
Renaming a Folder
When you create a folder for apps, your Android phone automatically assigns it a name. But, if you want to rename the folder, follow these steps:
- Tap and hold the folder till the sub-menu appears.
- Tap “Rename.”
- Enter a new name and tap “OK.“
If you want to rename the file folder, follow these steps:
- Select the folder and tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap “Rename.”
- Type the new name and tap “Rename/OK” to save it.
To add files to the folder, head to the Files app and locate. Select the file and tap the “Move” option from the bottom menu. Select the targeted folder and tap “Move Here.”
Removing an App From a Folder
You can remove an app from a folder on your Android device in the following way.
- Open the App folder.
- Drag the app and drop it outside the folder on your home screen.
Alternatively, tap and hold the app in the folder and tap “Remove.”
Deleting Folder in Android
You can delete a folder on your Android from the Home screen in the following ways.
- Open the folder and drag out all the apps from it.
- Alternatively, hold down the folder, tap “Remove,” and confirm when prompted.
Deleting an app folder won’t delete or uninstall the apps. However, if you delete a file folder, this will delete all the files inside it too.
This article discussed two methods for making a folder on your Android to help you organize your content better. We also discussed the methods to rename a folder, remove an app from the folder, and delete an app folder.
Hopefully, you can now quickly create a folder on Android and arrange apps and files according to your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can move an App Folder across the home screen on your phone. To do this, find the folder on your home screen. Hold it down, drag and drop it on another home screen.
The file and folder on Android differ in their purpose and use. Files are generally used to store single pieces of data, whereas folders are used to store multiple files or other folders.
Android uses a file hierarchy to keep track of all the files and folders on your device, so it’s essential to understand how this system works.
Android Folder is a default directory for saving app data, cache, and other important files. It is not advised to delete this folder, as doing so might corrupt one of the files and lead to unexpected behavior or even a crash. Remember that some applications like WhatsApp store their media files under this directory.