One thing iPhones are popular for is their brilliant cameras. Because of this, it is expected to have one of the best in-built editing software. While the in-built software on the iPhone does well and lets you do a lot of editing, especially to videos and photos you take, sadly, you can’t make a video collage natively on iPhone. So, how can you make a video collage on an iPhone?
To make a video collage on iPhone, you have to download a third-party app or use an online video editing tool. There are several free-to-use and paid video editors that will give you the ability to make video collages. These video editors include Adobe, Google Photos, PhotoGrid, Canva, and so on.
Although it may not be your first choice, if you can afford to get a paid video collage app on your iPhone, that will be better. The reason is that most free video collage apps don’t let you edit your videos to your taste. But a paid video collage app gives you access to every nitty-gritty feature of the app.
Learn more about making a video collage on an iPhone in this guide.
Making a Video Collage on iPhone Using Different Apps
Making a video collage lets you combine phones and videos with music in a stunning way to bring it to life. It is a perfect way to create short content for social media or intrigue your audience’s taste for something like a service or an event. Interestingly, you can use several video editors to create a video collage, and we will be talking about how you can use each in this section.
Method #1: Using Adobe Premiere
Adobe Premiere is a popular video editor developed by the software giant Adobe Inc. It was first released in 2003 as part of the Adobe Creative Cloud licensing program. Adobe Premiere is an extensive video editor that lets you make a collage with three to seven videos playing simultaneously.
Here’s how to create a video collage with Adobe Premiere on an iPhone.
- Download and launch Adobe Premiere on your iPhone, expand the “Create” drop-down menu, and tap “Video” collage.
- Select a layout from the available templates.
- Add the media to the media bin; you can add photos and videos.
- Customize the video college using the resize handle, swap media, zoom slider, mute clip audio, pan or move tool, and so on.
- Click the play button to preview the video, and if you are alright with it, tap “Render” to save and export the video collage.
Method #2: Using Google Photos
Another excellent way to make a video collage on an iPhone is with Google Photos. Launched in 2015, Google Photos is a storage and photo-sharing app developed by Google. Google Photos is more than a gallery app; it has several advanced features that let its users create stunning animations, collages, and movies. And the best part about using Google Photos to make video collages is that it is free to download and use.
Here’s how to create a video collage with Google Photos on an iPhone.
- Download and launch the Google Photos app on your iPhone and sign in or create a Google Account.
- Tap the “Library” section at the bottom of your screen, and tap “Utilities”.
- Select “Create New” and tap “Animation and Collage”.
- Choose the photos and videos you want to use to make the video collage.
- Choose a theme and tap “Play” to preview the video; if you are alright with it, tap “Save” to export the video collage.
Method #3: Using Canva
Canva is an online platform with thousands of professionally made templates that let users create, customize and share their designs in just a few clicks. It works on iPhones, iPads, Macs, and other devices. With Canva, you can create a high-quality video collage without being a professional video editor.
Here’s how to create a video collage with Canva on an iPhone.
- Open a web browser like Chrome or Safari on your iPhone and go to www.canva.com.
- Log in or sign up for your Canva profile.
- From the homepage, tap the menu bar and select “Features”.
- Under the “Features” options, select “Explore” and then tap “Make a Video” to get started.
- Tap the left sidebar to choose a template for the video collage
- Add the video sliders by clicking on the plus (+) icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Add effects, make necessary adjustments, and tap the play button to preview and the share button to save the video.
If you were to delete a video or photo that is part of a video collage, it wouldn’t delete any photo or video that you used to make the video collage.
This guide shows that making a video collage on an iPhone is straightforward. If you are not using this feature on your iPhone because you don’t know how to, now you do. So, take advantage of it to create advertising videos and keep memories alive.