Creating invoices for your products and services can be a hectic job. But it’s an essential part of running a business to keep a record of your company’s workflow. It is even more convenient when you can easily make an invoice on your iPhone and send it directly to concerned stakeholders.
To make an invoice on iPhone, download and install the Microsoft Excel app. Launch the app and tap “+.” Scroll down to find and tap the “Invoice” template. Edit the invoice by filling in the name, company, and numeric data entries. Tap the “Share” icon to print the invoice or send it to your clients.
We took the time to write a comprehensive guide for you on making an invoice on iPhone with easy-to-follow instructions.
Making an Invoice on iPhone
If you don’t know how to make an Invoice on iPhone, our three step-by-step methods will help you go through this process without any issues.
Method #1: Making Invoice With Excel
Microsoft Office products are one of the most compatible applications with the iPhone, which you can use to make invoices by following these steps:
- Download and install the Microsoft Excel app on your iPhone.
- Run the Excel application and tap the “+” icon.
- Scroll down to find and tap the “Invoice” template.
- Edit the invoice by filling in the name, company, and numeric data entries.
- Tap the “Share” icon to print the invoice or send it to your clients.
You can sync and share invoices via Microsoft Account to access them from another device that supports Microsoft Office.
Method #2: Making Invoice With Google Sheets
Google offers a similar yet simpler alternative to Excel sheets for making invoices. Here is the complete method of using Google Sheets to create an invoice on your iPhone.
- Download and install the Google Sheets app on your iPhone.
- Launch the app and tap the “+” icon on the lower right side.
- Tap the “Choose Template” option.
- Scroll down to find and tap “Invoice” to add all your information for invoice creation.
- Tap the “Checkmark” icon on the upper left side of the screen to save the invoice in-app.
You have successfully made an invoice on your iPhone. You can sign in with your Google Account to instantly share and sync invoices on other devices.
Method #3: Making Invoice With Numbers App
You can use a third-party app like Numbers to make invoices on your iPhone by following these steps:
- Download and install the Numbers application and launch it.
- Tap “Create New.”
- Scroll down to find and tap the “Invoice” template under the Business tab.
- Add information to create an invoice and tap “Done” to save it in the application.
To share or print an invoice from the Numbers app, open the saved invoice and tap the “Share” button. Select “Send as Copy” and choose a file format. A pop-up menu will appear, providing options to print or share the invoice.
Benefits of Digital Invoice
Modern-day businesses digitize as much as possible to save time, resources, and effort. In this regard, digital invoices bring significant advantages in the following ways.
- Simplified sharing method as you don’t have to scan physical documents.
- Ready-made suggestions and templates for making different types of invoices.
- Ability to edit an invoice multiple times and avoid the hassle of creating one from scratch.
- Sharing becomes more accessible with one tap.
- No material costs or paper consumption as invoices are in digital form.
In this guide on making an invoice on iPhone, we have discussed different methods to help you achieve this task successfully. We followed a step-by-step approach in each method for better understanding and convenience.
We’ve also discussed some benefits of digital invoices. We hope that you can now create invoices on your iPhone and save your time in the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
iPhone is not pre-installed with any application or option to create an invoice. You must install a third-party application to create, edit, and share invoices.
If you don’t want to install an application, try Canva’s online invoice maker for free, which can be accessed through a web browser on your iPhone.
All invoice-making mobile applications like Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel support the file sharing option to instantly send anyone an invoice directly.
To send an invoice via email, open the application in which you have created the invoice (Google Sheets, for example). Tap the “Share” button, and a pop-up menu will appear.
Tap the “Mail” icon, and the invoice file will instantly transfer in email. Type in the email address and tap “Send.“