We use headphones for multiple purposes like listening to music, talking to someone, virtual conferencing, video and audio editing, etc. But we can get anxious when they produce a low volume or if their volume is suddenly reduced. Hence, it is crucial to know how to increase headphones volumes.
One of the ways to increase headphone volume involves fixing the headphone themselves. And the other involves simply downloading software or application that augments sound volumes.
This article gives you complete guidelines about making your headphones louder. However, let’s learn about the reasons for reduced headphone volumes before seeing the guidelines.
- Reasons for Reduced Headphone Volume
- Methods For Making Headphones Louder
- Method #1: Make Your Headphones Clean
- Method #2: Check the Setting Of Your Device
- Method #3: Check and Adjust EQ Settings
- Method #4: Charge Your Device
- Method #5: Install Volume Increasing App
- Method #6: Check the Connectivity of Your Headphones
- Method #7: Change Your Headphones
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reasons for Reduced Headphone Volume
Sometimes you may feel helpless when your headphones’ volume reduces suddenly, and you do not know the reason. Damage to headphones is not always the reason for reduced volume; many other underlying causes can be a reason.
Here are some of the causes below:
- Dirty headphones
- Any problem in the setting of the device
- Any problem with the audio or video file
- Connectivity Issue
- Wiring of headphone issue
- Any damage or problem in the socket of the headphone
- Due to the volume limit of the device
- An issue with the battery of the headphone
Methods For Making Headphones Louder
There are different reasons for reduced headphone volume; similarly, various methods exist to fix it. When you do not know the cause, you can use any of the methods listed here to fix it.
Method #1: Make Your Headphones Clean
Your earwax and dirt can accumulate in your headphone. Dirty headphones can be a reason for reducing headphone volume. So, the first method to make your headphones louder is to clean your headphones.
You can use alcohol wipes, cotton swabs, and a soft cloth to clean your headphones. Gently clean the headphones and remove if there is any earwax or dirt.
Method #2: Check the Setting Of Your Device
Every device has software that limits the sound of headphones. So, to make your headphones louder, you can also check the setting of your device. The settings of each device are different.
The following are step-by-step approaches to checking the setting of other devices.
Settings For Android
- Go to the “Settings” on your Android.
- Click the “Sound Option,” and different options will appear.
- Select your preferred option to increase your phone’s volume.
Settings For iOS
- Go to the “Settings” on your iOS.
- Scroll down and select the “Music Option.”
- Click the “Playback Option” and then increase your volume limit.
Settings For Windows
- Go to the “Settings” of your windows.
- Search the “Adjusted System Volume.”
- There you can increase the volume of your window.
Settings For MacOS
- Click the top-left “Apple icon” on the desktop of the Mac operating system.
- Click on the “System Preferences.”
- Then increase the volume in the sound menu.
Method #3: Check and Adjust EQ Settings
Android and iPhone have EQ settings that the manufacturers adjust for standard listening.
You can adjust the different frequency levels and make your headphone louder in 3 simple steps.
- Go into the “Setting Option.”
- Select “Sound” and “Vibration.”
- Go to the “Equalizer Option” and adjust the different levels of sound and frequency.
Method #4: Charge Your Device
Sometimes there is no problem with the headphones, but their volume decreases due to the low battery of your device. A few headphones do not have a louder volume if your device’s battery is low. So if this one is the problem, then charging your device can solve your problem.
Method #5: Install Volume Increasing App
If you have not found a solution to your problem, you can install a volume booster app. These apps increase the headphone’s volume, and you can easily install them via Google Play Store or Apple Store. Some volume-boosting apps are:
- Equalizer FX
- Volume Booster Pro
- MX Player
- Podcast Addict
- Volume Booster by GOODEV
- Precise Volume
- Max Volume Booster
- Louder Volume Booster
- Equalizer FX
- Bass Booster
- Equalizer Fx Bass Booster App
Method #6: Check the Connectivity of Your Headphones
If you are using a wireless headphone and suddenly feel its volume reduces, you must check the connection. If you take headphones far away from the connected device, their signals will drop and can affect their volume.
So make sure that signals are strong and close to your device while using the headphone.
Method #7: Change Your Headphones
Sometimes the volume of your headphones can be reduced due to damage to any wire of your headphones. In this way, you cannot increase the volume of your headphones. The only option left is to buy new headphones.
This article contains all the possible methods to help you make your headphones louder. Although not having louder headphones seems trivial, it is helpful in some situations.
For example, when in a noisy place. Hence, you must know how to fix it. After reading this article, we hope you will find it quite easy to make your headphones louder and enjoy listening to music or communicating.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Increase the volume from the setting of your device.
2. You can use a volume booster app.
3. Remove any dirt from your headphones
Every device has a sound limit to protect your ears from damage. If you want to increase the volume, then go into the settings: select the sound and vibration option. And then adjust the volume.
Yes! Headphones might lose loudness over time. All this happens due to the sound waves it produces. The sound will deteriorate. As a result, it is losing features such as volume and bass.