Are your eyes getting hurt using Instagram on your computer for long hours? Fortunately, you can use Instagram in Dark Mode to relieve some of that eye stress.
To make Instagram Dark Mode on PC, open a browser like Chrome on your Desktop. Enter the URL instagram.com/?theme=dark in the Address bar, and press Enter on your keyboard.
We took the time to write a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to make Instagram Dark Mode on PC. We will also explore the process of adding extensions to your computer to enable Dark Mode.
Activating Instagram Dark Mode on PC
If you don’t know how to make Instagram Dark Mode on PC, our following 5 step-by-step methods will help you do this task easily.
Method #1: Using a URL
These steps allow you to use a customized URL to make Instagram display Dark Mode on a PC.
- Turn on your PC.
- Launch a browser like Chrome or Safari.
- Copy “instagram.com/?theme=dark“ and paste it into your browser’s address bar.
Now, Instagram will appear in Dark Mode.
Whenever your current session expires or you reload the webpage, Instagram will open in Light Mode again.
Method #2: Using Chrome Flag Extension
If you use a browser like Chrome, you can use Chrome Flag Extension to display Instagram Dark Mode on your PC by following these steps.
- Launch the Chrome browser on your PC.
- Copy “chrome://flags” and paste it into your browser’s address bar. Use “edge://flags” as the experimental flag on Microsoft Edge.
- Search “Dark” in the search bar of the “Experiments” window.
- Next to the “Auto Dark Mode For Web Content” extension, click the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Enabled” option from the drop-down and close the browser.
- Reopen the browser and go to the Instagram website.
Now, you can view Instagram in Dark Mode on your PC browser.
Method #3: Using the Night Mode Extension
To make Instagram Dark Mode on your PC, you can download the “Night Mode” extension from Google Chrome Store by doing these steps.
- Launch the Chrome browser on your PC and type “Chrome Web Store“ in the address bar to open it.
- In the store’s search bar, type “Night Mode” and search for the extension.
- Click “Add to Chrome”.
- Click “Add Extension”.
- Go to the Instagram website on the Chrome browser.
- Click the “Extensions” icon at the top-right corner of the search bar.
Now, Instagram Dark Mode will appear on your PC.
When using the “Night Mode” extension on your PC, reloading the Instagram website will not change the Dark Mode. Click on the “Extensions” icon to switch to Light Mode.
Method #4: Using the Night-Eye Extension
By following these steps, you can also use the Night-Eye extension to enable Instagram Dark Mode.
- Open the Chrome browser on your PC.
- Type “Chrome Web Store” in the search bar.
- Search the “Night Eye” extension in the Chrome Store.
- Click “Add to Chrome”.
- Open the Instagram website on the Chrome browser.
- Click the “Extension” icon in the browser to enable it.
After enabling the extension on the Chrome browser, you can view Instagram Dark Mode on your PC.
Method #5: Using Dark Theme for Instagram
If you use Mozilla Firefox, follow these steps to make Instagram Dark Mode on your PC.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and search for the “Dark Theme for Instagram“ extension on your PC.
- Click “Add to Firefox” and click “Add” in the pop-up box.
- The extension icon will appear next to the search bar on the main page of Mozilla Firefox.
- Open the Instagram website on your browser.
- Click the “Extension” icon.
On your PC, you can easily view Instagram in Dark Mode on Mozilla Firefox.
In this guide on making Instagram Dark Mode, we’ve discussed several methods for enabling Dark Mode by using a customized URL and Chrome Flag on your PC. We’ve also discussed methods for adding extensions to Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers to enable Dark Mode for Instagram.
Hopefully, the information provided in this article helped you view Instagram in Dark Mode. Now, you can easily use the social media website for long hours without hurting your eyes.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make Instagram Dark Mode on the Opera browser, you install the “Dark Mode“ extension.
You can also switch to Dark Mode from the Settings of the browser. To do this, launch the Opera browser, and click the “Easy Setup” icon from the top corner. Choose the “Dark” option from “Themes”. Now, you can view Instagram Dark Mode on your PC.