Apple never disappoints its users with its technology, where the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) comes! Apple AirPods Pro and AirPods Max come with the noise cancellation option by which you can control the in-car experience. The AirPods Pro and Max block the noise when you put them in your ear, but you can control them beyond that with ANC.
You can make your AirPods Pro and AirPods Max noise canceling by enabling this feature using the four methods. The Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) and Transparency mode can be activated via Control Center, from the Settings, AirPods itself, and Siri. You can choose the Transparency mode if you want to mix some ambient sounds through the microphone or completely turn it off (3rd choice).
Moreover, AirPods Pro already has the rubbered ear tips that offer passive noise cancellation to a great extent. Even the Transparency mode can show excellent results by which you can be aware of your surroundings. But what if you want to enjoy a music track with full bass for an immersive experience— Active Noise Cancellation is what you need.
In this guide, we’ve listed four easy ways by which you can make your AirPods noise canceling by activating the ANC feature. Keep on reading to know more.
How to Turn ON Noise Cancellation on AirPods Pro
AirPods Pro serves an excellent music listening experience with its rubbered grip and anti-noise in-ear design. But you can double the joy by enabling either the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) or Transparency mode in easy steps. Here are four methods to enable the ANC in AirPods Pro.
Method #1: Via Control Centre
The first method to enable the Noise Cancellation via Control Center on your iPhone device. Here’s how to do it:
- Connect the iPhone device with AirPods Pro.
- Once connected, open the Control Center of your device.
The Control Center can be opened by swiping down from the top-right corner on iPhone with Face ID. However, the iPhone models with a touch button have the Control Center access by swiping from the bottom.
- Long-press the Volume slider of your iPhone device and the AirPods Pro slider appears.
- Tap on “Noise Control” and Select the “Noise Cancellation”.
You can also select the Transparency mode if you still want to mix some ambient sounds and keep yourself aware of your surroundings.
Method #2: Via Settings
You can also activate the Noise Cancellation option for AirPods Pro from the Settings of your iPhone device. Here’s a simple method to do it:
- Open the Settings on your iPhone device and tap the “Bluetooth” option.
- Tap on the “i” button next to the AirPods Pro.
The “i” button is an icon with a blue “i” letter in a small circle next to each Bluetooth device for more settings.
- Here you’ll be able to activate the noise cancellation by tapping the “Noise Cancellation” button. You can also choose to enable “Transparency” to turn everything off.
Method #3: Via AirPods Pro Itself
The above two methods to activate the noise cancellation on your AirPods Pro were through the iPhone device., You can also enable this feature without your iPhone in your hand. Yes! The Noise Cancellation can also be activated through the AirPods Pro. Here is how to do it:
- Long-Press the stem of the AirPods Pro (the area from where you play or pause the audio and tap to answer the call)
- Hold that touch until you hear a small sound.
- The chime or ringing sound tells you that you’re moving through the options. Each ring you hear shifts you from one option to another. For example, each chime moves you from “Noise Cancellation” to “Transparency” to “Off”. Release the touch when “Noise Cancellation” is selected.
Method #4: Via Siri
What if you don’t want to look at the screen and do not want to use your hands? You can use Siri to activate or enable the Noise Cancellation feature in both scenarios. There are no complex steps or long methods to do it. Just ask Siri to activate the Noise Cancellation or Transparency mode, and you’re good to go.
You can say:
- “Hey Siri, turn ON the noise cancellation”.
- “Hey Siri, turn ON the Transparency”.
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) is a great way to get an out-of-the-world music experience, especially if you love listening to music. However, the active noise cancellation feature is only available in AirPods Pro and AirPods Max. You can make your AirPods Pro noise canceling by activating this option through the Control Center, Settings, AirPods, or Siri. We hope that reading this guide might have solved all your problems regarding this issue.