Your phone stays with you 24/7, and you can make it untraceable by taking the battery out, turning off cellular or WiFi networks, disabling GPS radio, masking the IMEI number, or using a GSM prepaid SIM card.
Your smartphone contains the most personal information about you, from your photos to your messages, location history, web browsing history, searches, app usage, recordings, etc.
The fact that your phone is constantly being tracked or your activity is being surveilled is a scary thought. To make you feel safe again, we have compiled step-by-step instructions for you to make your phone untraceable.
- Why Should I Make My Phone Untraceable?
Making Your Phone Untraceable
- Method #1: Shut Down Your Phone Completely
- Method #2: Turning Off Cellular and WiFi Network
- Method #3: Disabling GPS Location Services
- Method #4: Masking Your Imei Number
- Method #5: Using a GSM Network Prepaid Phone
- Use Applications to Hide Data
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should I Make My Phone Untraceable?
You might have thought of making your phone untraceable at some point. The traditional method of dialing ’67’ before the call only hides the id number, whereas the automatic number identification is still displayed, which can be traced.
People have different reasons for wanting to make their phones untraceable, the breach of privacy being one of them. In addition to the erosion of privacy, the fear of not knowing where, how, and to what extent your data is being misused is frightening.
It is crucial to protect your digital footprint, and for that, sometimes, you want to make your phone completely untraceable.
Making Your Phone Untraceable
Making a phone untraceable and erasing its tracks is often a complex task, especially when browsing through web pages. The incognito or private mode in web browsers may help your device from logging and storing data, but it still does not make you anonymous.
Your phone is being continuously tracked, and your privacy is constantly compromised. However, our step-by-step instructions will make life easy for you and take you through the whole process of hiding your activities. So without wasting any time, here are the five methods to make your phone untraceable.
Method #1: Shut Down Your Phone Completely
When you are visiting a particular place and want your phone to be completely untraceable, the best and easiest way is to shut it down completely. Make sure that you take the battery out of your phone as well.
Method #2: Turning Off Cellular and WiFi Network
Someone can easily track your phone with an active internet connection. So, disable your cellular data and WiFi if you want to remain anonymous in specific locations.
Method #3: Disabling GPS Location Services
GPS keeps track of your location. To secure your phone, you can disable the GPS by performing the following steps.
- On iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Disable all Apps by moving the slider at the top.
- On Android, go to Settings > Location > Google Location Settings and turn off Location Reporting and Location History.
You can turn on Airplane mode to disable both cell radios and the WiFi radio installed on your phone.
Method #4: Masking Your Imei Number
In this method, you will change your phone’s IMEI number to keep it safe from being tracked.
Step #1: Installing Xposed Framework
- Locate your phone’s IMEI number, which is usually mentioned on the back of the phone.
- Install Xposed Framework with the Xposed Framework installer app.
- A green tick mark will show that the app is Active.
Step #2: Enabling IMEI Changer Pro
- Download an additional Xposed module known as IMEI Changer Pro.
- Go to the Module section of the Xposed installer app and click on the IMEI Changer Pro.
- Xposed IMEI Changer Pro module will enable.
Step #3: Changing IMEI Automatically
- Go to the main menu of the Xposed Installer App and click on the three dots at the top right corner to reboot it.
- Xposed IMEI Changer Pro module will install.
- Now, IMEI Changer Pro App will show in the Apps Menu.
- The app allows users to change the IMEI of the device after each reboot, making the device untraceable.
Method #5: Using a GSM Network Prepaid Phone
- Purchase a GSM network prepaid phone from an electronics store.
- Confirm from the customer service representative if it is actually the GSM phone.
- Call the number in the instruction manual that came with the phone to activate it.
- Make your calls short and someplace away from your home or a hangout spot.
- Remove the SIM card of the phone after you are done using it.
- Dispose of the phone after using it several times with other SIM cards.
Don’t disclose your name and address while speaking on the GSM prepaid phone as if someone is listening to your call; they can easily track your information.
Use Applications to Hide Data
Specific applications can be downloaded to hide data selectively on your phone. Some apps let you hide photos, videos, messages, or data from others.
Wickr is an app available both on Android and iOS devices that help keep your data completely safe, secure, and untraceable.
In this guide about making your phone untraceable, we have discussed shutting your phone completely, changing your IMEI number, and using a GSM network prepaid phone to make your phone untraceable.
Also, we shared how certain applications can be used to hide specific data, if not make it completely untraceable. Hopefully, this guide has been helpful for you, and now you can easily make your phone untraceable.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you are using a burner phone, your phone is not traceable to your primary number. Burner phones do not show the real number when you call or text someone. Also, when you receive a call, it is forwarded from your burner number to your primary number to stay anonymous.
You can protect your mobile phone’s privacy to a certain extent by limiting the extent of access you give to various apps. You can also download different anti-virus and anti-malware apps to protect your phone from any potential attack.
Besides, you should make sure that your phone is password protected. It is essential to keep your data safe if your phone gets lost or stolen.