In recent years, Vizio has emerged as a widespread TV brand, all thanks to its powerful modern features. A popular one is that you can mirror your Android screen to the Vizio TV. You might wonder what procedure one needs to follow to mirror Android to Vizio TV.
The easiest way to mirror an Android to Vizio TV is by using the Vizio SmartCast mobile app.
1. Download the app.
2. Create an account or enter as a guest.
3. You’ll see a list of all the Vizio devices active in your surroundings. Tap on the device you want to connect.
4. Enter a four-digit PIN appearing on your TV’s screen.
After entering the PIN, your Vizio TV should mirror your Android. Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is on during the procedure.
In this article, I’ll walk you through the different methods of mirroring Android to a Vizio TV, step by step.
Method #1: Mirroring Android to Vizio TV Using SmartCast
Vizio has a decently functioning app called Vizio SmartCast mobile app. It is a control center where you can connect your Android to the TV and manage several settings. The app provides the most straightforward way of mirroring your Android phone’s screen to your Vizio TV. Here’s what you need to do.
- Go to the Google Play Store. Search for Vizio SmartCast mobile application in the search bar.
- Click on the “Install” button in the app description.
- Open the app once installed.
- You can either make a Vizio account or enter as a guest.
- In the next tab, a list of all the Vizio devices (TVs, soundbars, etc.) present in your surroundings will appear. Select your Vizio TV from the list.
- After this, the app will ask you for a four-digit PIN to pair with the device. You’ll find this PIN on your TV screen.
It will take a moment, then your TV will mirror the Android screen. If you experience any problems, make sure your Wi-Fi is on. It doesn’t necessarily need to have a network connection. Also, you can adjust the screen casting using the options in the SmartCast app.
Method #2: Mirroring Android to Vizio TV Using Smart View
In some Androids – especially the Samsung Galaxy series – you can connect your Vizio TV to Android without downloading the Vizio SmartCast app. Here’s what you need to do.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi is on. It doesn’t necessarily need to have a network connection.
- Go to the home screen on your Android. Slide down to see the options menu.
- Look for an option reading “Smart View” or “Cast My Screen”. If you don’t find it on the first screen, slide to the left and look there.
- You will redirect to a tab with the lists of devices in your surroundings. Select your Vizio TV from this list.
It should connect your Android to the Vizio TV. If it doesn’t, make sure your Wi-Fi connection is working. Also, you can rotate your Android phone to get a rotated view of the TV screen.
Vizio SmartCast mobile app provides the most straightforward way of mirroring your Android screen onto your Vizio TV. You can simply install it from the Play Store, make an account, and pair it to your Vizio TV. Alternatively, in some Androids, you can avoid all this hustle and make a connection by using the “Smart View” or “Cast My Screen” options.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can establish a direct connection between your Android and your Vizio TV without an internet connection using the Vizio SmartCast app. Download the app from the App Store, make an account or enter as a guest, and pair it to your TV. Make sure you have your Wi-Fi turned on; it doesn’t mean you need to connect to an internet connection. You can also utilize the “Cast My Screen” options if your Android supports it.
Yes! Vizio allows you to mirror the device’s screen onto your TV. You can mirror your laptop, tablet, and Android on your Vizio TV. You can use Google Chrome’s “Cast This Desktop” feature for laptops. On Androids and tablets, you can connect via Google Chrome or use the Vizio SmartCast app to mirror their screen.
The common reason for a delayed or disrupted connection during screen mirroring on a Vizio can have something to do with your Wi-Fi. You can try rebooting your TV and Wi-Fi device to solve this problem. To reboot the Wi-Fi, unplug the power source to your router, wait for 10-20 seconds, and reconnect it. If doesn’t solve your problem, try contacting a professional.