Sometimes, you may be in a Discord group voice chat and find a person annoying. Or maybe you can’t leave the chat because you don’t want to be rude. But you also don’t want to hear the other person. In that case, you can simply mute them.
You can either mute someone’s audio or their message notifications on Discord. There are two ways to mute each of them. Either on the desktop or your mobile. When muting a person on the audio channel, they won’t know you have muted them. The same goes for when you mute their message notifications.
You can easily mute unwanted people on the Discord servers following a few easy steps. You can mute multiple people too. Let us see each method in detail.
- Mute a Person’s Audio in a Discord Voice Channel
- Mute a Person’s Message Notifications on Discord
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Mute a Person’s Audio in a Discord Voice Channel
You are on a voice channel of your company’s Discord server. Suddenly the phone rings, and you receive a call from home. You can easily mute the speaker on the voice channel for a short time until you finish your call.
Method #1: Mute Someone’s Audio on the Discord Mobile App
You can do the following steps to disable the audio of a person on the Discord App.
- Launch the Discord App.
- Go to the server with the voice chat.
- Click on the voice channel on the server page.
- Select the user you want to mute.
- Next, toggle on the “Mute” option. The user is now muted.
Method #2: Mute Someone’s Audio on the Desktop
Carry out the below steps to a mute user on the Discord Desktop app or the website.
- Launch the desktop app or Discord Web.
- Open the server containing the voice channel.
- Right-click on the user you want to mute and click the checkmark next to “Mute.”
- The user is now muted.
Mute a Person’s Message Notifications on Discord
Sometimes, you may receive messages from people you dislike or even unwanted strangers. So how do you deal with it? Just follow the steps below.
Method #1: Mute Someone’s Message Notifications on the Discord Mobile App
Follow the steps below to mute the notifications of messages on the Discord app on your phone:
- Open the Discord mobile app and click on the “Direct Messages” icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click and hold on the user whose notifications you want to stop getting.
- A menu will open up. Click on “Mute Channel.”
- Under the “Mute this conversation” menu, choose the time for which you want to keep the notifications turned off.
- The options given are 15 minutes, 1 hour, 8 hours, 24 hours, and finally, until you un-mute a person manually.
- Choose one of those options.
- The user is now muted.
Method #2: Mute Someone’s Message Notifications on the Desktop
It is also easy to disable message notifications from a user on the Discord Desktop app or Discord Web.
- Open the Discord Web app or the Discord Desktop app.
- Go to the “Messages” screen and click on the user whose message notification you want to mute.
- Right-click on the user and hover over the “Mute @Name” option.
- A menu pops up and lets you decide how long the notifications must be muted.
- You will have four options here; 15 minutes, 1 hour, 8 hours, 24 hours, and until you un-mute the user manually.
- Choose one of the options.
- Now that the user is muted, you will not get notifications if they send you a message as long as they are muted.
If you do not want to interact or get messages from a user permanently, block that user from your Discord account. The user will never be able to access your account on Discord.
Now unwanted users and strangers are a thing of the past. You can easily mute a fellow user on a voice channel in a server by following a few steps. Additionally, if you want to stop receiving messages from another user, simply mute them for anywhere from minutes to days. Discord provides this wonderful option for its users to stay safe and avoid the unsuitable company. It lets people interact through other means by muting their current meetings too!
Frequently Asked Questions:
On the Discord mobile app or desktop version, simply go to the server with the voice channel. Click on the user’s name you want to un-mute. A menu will appear where you can toggle off or uncheck the mute option. The user is now un-muted.