Do you want to stream any music or video clip from your smartphone to the big TV screen? No worries! An iPhone, iPad, or Mac will let you do that – all you need is the Airplay option and the supported devices. Using the iPhone’s Airplay option, you can cast the iPhone screen on Apple TV or the Airplay-2-supported smart TVs. iPhones running the iOS version 4.2 and newer will have the Airplay option on board, and you’ll only have to struggle to find a smart TV that supports this feature.
Are you wondering how to open Airplay on iPhone and connect it with the smart TV? Depending on your usage, there are two ways to open the Airplay on iPhone. If you wish to stream music, go to “Control Center” > press the “Music” widget for a few seconds > tap “Airplay” > select the device > “Done”. On the other hand, you can also mirror the iPhone screen to cast the video on a big TV screen. Go to “Control Center” > “Screen Mirroring” > choose the device > “Done”.
Using the Airplay feature, you can cast the iPhone screen on the big TV anytime. However, you’ll need the Smart TV from Samsung, LG, Sony, or Vizio to utilize this feature. Keep on reading to know more!
How To Open Airplay on iPhone
Some Smart TV devices like Roku will need the Airplay2 on the iPhone device. The Airplay2 is available on iOS 12.2 and above.
Apple is a brand that brings all-new features to its users every year. Although Airplay is a very old feature, it’s beneficial for all Apple users as they can cast the iPhone screen on Smart TVs using the simple method. Not only can they stream music but cast any video or image using the screen mirroring feature. Wondering how to open and configure the Airplay on iPhone? Let’s find out:
Before connecting the iPhone’s Airplay with the smart TV, it must be noted that both the iPhone and Airplay receiver should be on the same Wi-Fi network. However, if both devices are not on the same network, you’ll need to enter the code from the smart TV screen into the iPhone device.
- Open your iPhone device’s “Control Center” by sliding down from the top-right corner.
- From the control center, find the “Music” widget. Tap and hold the “Music” control area. Once opened, select the “Airplay” icon as shown in the picture.
- You’ll see the supported devices here. Select the device to connect with Airplay, and you’re done.
- Tap on the “Done” button to finish the process.
How To Use Screen Mirroring on iPhone
Using Airplay, you can stream the music from your iPhone device to a smart TV that supports the Airplay connection. However, if you wish to cast the iPhone screen on the TV and share the video, you’ll need to use the “Screen Mirroring” option. Screen mirroring is simple and easy to use. Want to know how the Screen Mirroring option works on iPhone? Let’s find out without further ado!
Swipe down from the top-right corner on iPhone X and higher to open the Control Center. On iPhone 8 series and below, you can open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
- Open the “Control Center” on your iPhone device.
- Tap the “Screen Mirroring” option to cast the screen on the smart TV.
- Choose the “Apple TV” or any other compatible device from the device’s list.
- You’ll be asked to enter the passcode for Airplay upon connection request. Enter the passcode which is displayed on the TV screen.
Using a Wired Connection
You might not have an Apple TV or a smart Roku TV in your arsenal – so is there any way to cast the iPhone screen on a big TV? Yes! You can use a Fire TV or Chromecast with Google TV with the adapter and an HDMI cable. Once you connect the iPhone with a TV using the HDMI cable, it automatically recognizes the external display.
- Take an adapter and plug it into the iPhone device.
- Connect the charger with the adapter and plug it into the HDMI cable of the TV.
- Once the wired connection is established, iPhone will recognize the external display.
Whether you want to stream music from iPhone to a smart TV or cast the Screen – Apple’s technology has covered you! You can use Airplay to stream and listen to music on any smart TV, speaker, or other supported devices. If you wish to stream the video or mirror the iPhone screen on your Apple TV or other supported smart TVs, the Screen Mirroring option will have you covered. We hope that the steps mentioned above will help you through the process.