RAR files contain multiple compressed files. People worldwide use this format whenever they send someone tens or hundreds of files. While PC users mostly use RAR files, we often see these files on mobile devices as well. However, many mobile users don’t know how to open such files. To help you, we will discuss how to open RAR files in Android.
To open RAR files in Android, you can use the RAR app. When in the app, you need to find and open the folder where the RAR file is stored. Then, you need to tap it and select a folder in which you need the files extracted.
Let’s dive into the two ways you can open RAR files on your Android device.
How To Open RAR Files in Android
Android users often complain about not being able to open RAR files. Some devices allow them to open such files quickly, while others need to rely on third-party applications. In any case, we will discuss all the methods that can help you open RAR files on Android, and you can choose whichever seems more feasible.
How To Open RAR Files Using the Default Option
You don’t need to download any third-party application for an Android device with a built-in option to extract RAR files. The built-in option works flawlessly, and you can trust it to extract all files safely.
- Open your Android device and tap the File Manager.
- Go to the folder where the RAR file is stored.
- Tap the RAR file once you locate it.
- In most cases, you will see an option named “UNZIP” in the top-right corner. Tap it and select where you want to extract the files.
After you’re done, you can access the compressed files. Keep in mind that the placement of the “UNZIP” option can be different for some users. You might need to tap the menu (three vertical dots) button in some cases to locate the option.
How To Open RAR Files Using the RAR App
Now that you have learned how to open RAR files in Android using the default option, it is time to move on to the next method.
You will need to download a third-party application if you belong to the unlucky group and don’t have a built-in unzip option. Don’t worry; these applications work perfect and are the same as the built-in option.
Many RAR file openers are available in Google Play Store, but not all of them can be trusted. Therefore, we are going to mention the one that is reliable and safe to use.
The RAR app is the most popular RAR file opener on Android as it has more than 100M downloads on Android. No other application can come close to how amazing it is. You can trust it to extract all of your important files as it does the job flawlessly.
- Go to Google Play Store and type “RAR” in the search bar.
- Download the RAR app made by RARLAB.
- Launch the app.
- From within the app, you need to go to the folder where the RAR file is stored.
- After finding the file, tap it and select “Extract Files”.
- Choose whether you want to extract the files to the current folder or a new one.
Once done, it will extract all files to your preferred location.
You can also use the RAR file app to create compressed files. You can also do this within the app, which will take only a few minutes, depending on the number of files you need to compress.
- Place all the files you need to compress in one folder.
- Open the RAR app and navigate to the folder where you placed all the files.
- Check the boxes next to the files inside the app, and then press the plus (+) icon in the top menu.
- After choosing your desired options for the compressed files, click “OK”.
Once done, the app will create your RAR file, and you can find it inside the folder where all the files were present. You can also use this feature to add more files to the previously created RAR file.
This was how to open RAR files in Android. You don’t need to download an application if you have a device that lets you directly unzip such files. But if you can’t see any option, you can go ahead and download the application we mentioned. Don’t worry; these applications are safe to use, and you won’t have to worry about losing any data inside the RAR file.