Do you want to capture photos and record videos without holding the camera in your hand? Luckily, you can do this by pairing a GoPro with your iPhone.
To pair a GoPro with your iPhone, open the App Store, download the GoPro Quik app, tap the profile icon and sign into your account. Tap Camera, select “Control your GoPro”, and tap “Join”. Then, go to Settings > “Preferences” > “Connections”, then tap “Connect Device,” and select the “GoPro” app.
To make things easy for you, we took the time to write a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to pair GoPro with your iPhone. We will also explore the process for transferring GoPro videos to iPhone.
- What Is a GoPro?
- Pairing a GoPro With an iPhone
- How To Connect Your iPhone to GoPro’s Wi-Fi Network
- How To Transfer GoPro Videos to an iPhone
- Troubleshooting GoPro Pairing Issues
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is a GoPro?
A GoPro is a compact-sized, lightweight, and handy camera used for capturing HD-quality videos and photos at an adjustable frame rate without the need to hold it in your hands. This gadget can be mounted on a bag, bike, hat, or helmet.
The GoPro camera has user-friendly controls with a robust build and comes with a waterproof casing so you can capture memorable moments while swimming or surfing.
Moreover, you can use your iPhone as a remote control by connecting it to GoPro using a Wi-Fi network. You only need to press the shutter on your phone to click a photo with the GoPro camera.
Pairing a GoPro With an iPhone
If you don’t know how to pair GoPro with iPhone, our following 2 step-by-step methods will help you do this task without facing much trouble.
Before beginning the pairing process, you need to connect the GoPro camera and your iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth.
Method #1: Via the GoPro Quik App
The best way to pair GoPro with iPhone is by using the GoPro Quik app with these steps.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone, search and download the GoPro Quik app.
- Tap your profile icon and sign in to your account.
- Tap the camera icon and choose “Control your GoPro”.
- Tap “Join”.
- Navigate to Settings > “Preferences” > “Connections” on the GoPro.
- Tap “Connect Device” and select “GoPro” to pair them.
Method #2: Via the Capture App
With these steps, you can also pair GoPro with your iPhone using a Capture app.
- Open App Store.
- Search and download the Capture app.
- Log in to your GoPro account.
- Turn on the GoPro camera.
- Tap “Connect”.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines to pair your iPhone with GoPro.
How To Connect Your iPhone to GoPro’s Wi-Fi Network
You can simply connect your iPhone to GoPro’s Wi-Fi network by doing these steps.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap “Wi-Fi”.
- Tap the GoPro’s Wi-Fi network to connect.
How To Transfer GoPro Videos to an iPhone
Do these steps if you want to transfer the videos stored in your GoPro camera to the iPhone.
- Open App Store.
- Search and download the Quik app.
- Launch the app and connect it to your iPhone.
- Tap the square icon.
- Select a video.
- Tap the share icon.
- Tap “GoPro Album” and copy the video to your iPhone.
Troubleshooting GoPro Pairing Issues
If you cannot pair the GoPro camera with your iPhone, try the following troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.
Fix #1: Resetting Connections on GoPro
The quickest way is to reset connections on the GoPro camera by doing the below steps.
- Swipe down on the GoPro display.
- Tap “Preferences”.
- Tap “Connections”.
- Tap “Reset Connections”.
- Tap “Reset” and try pairing your iPhone and GoPro again.
Fix #2: Removing GoPro From the Quik App
You can fix the GoPro pairing issue with your iPhone by forgetting the camera and adding it again from the Quik app.
- Open the Quik app.
- Tap the pencil icon.
- Tap “Remove Camera”.
- Tap “Remove” and add the camera again to solve the pairing issues between your GoPro and iPhone.
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to pair GoPro with iPhone using the GoPro Quik and Capture apps. We’ve also explored a few ways to transfer GoPro videos to your iPhone.
Moreover, we’ve discussed some quick troubleshooting steps to fix the GoPro pairing problems with your phone.
Hopefully, your issue is resolved, and now you can use the GoPro camera to capture memorable moments using your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
The GoPro cameras often have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections, but both are used for different functions. After 2 hours of inactivity, Wi-Fi is automatically turned off while Bluetooth remains on. Moreover, Bluetooth consumes less battery compared to Wi-Fi.
You can pair the GoPro camera with more than one device. However, it is only possible to control it with one phone simultaneously.
A GoPro camera can connect to your device within an approximate range of 10-100 meters or 35-50 feet.
You can use a remote to control the functions of a GoPro camera, including turning it on/off, starting/stopping the video, clicking photos, and changing settings. The GoPro remote has a range of 200 meters and can control 5 cameras at a time.
If you cannot download GoPro videos on your phone, check the network status because a stable Wi-Fi connection is required for downloading videos.