The technology of the past two decades has revolutionized lifestyles. One of these revolutionary inventions is connecting your iPhone with your car. It significantly improves communication and navigation. How does one go about it?
To pair your iPhone with your car, you can try one of the following methods.
• Connecting an iPhone wirelessly with your car.
• Connecting an iPhone using a wired connection.
• The traditional way of connecting an iPhone with your car.
In this article, we will go over all the methods above to help you connect your iPhone with your car. And in case things go awry, we’ve included a troubleshooting guide!
Method #1: Using CarPlay
An iPhone is one of the most reliable and practical devices to exist. People use iPhones as their daily-driver. It packs a lot of valuable features, and pairing it with your car is a cherry on top. CarPlay is a feature we will use to connect your iPhone wirelessly with your car.
Here are the steps you should follow to connect your iPhone wirelessly with your car.
- Make sure your car’s Bluetooth is on.
- Head to Settings > “Bluetooth Settings” > turn the Bluetooth on.
- Return to Settings > “General” > “CarPlay”.
- Wait until CarPlay searches for your car.
- When it pops up, tap the car and select “Pair” along with allowing contacts.
- A 6-digit pairing code will be generated on your car’s infotainment system. Click “Yes” and select “Apple’s CarPlay” in the pop-up.
Not every car supports Apple CarPlay technology. You have to look up if your car supports Apple CarPlay manually. Do this by visiting the manufacturer’s website.
Now, you’ll be able to connect your iPhone with any car that supports Apple’s CarPlay without tumbling into problems.
Method #2: Using a USB Lightning Cable
When you have a USB cable available in your car and are also low on battery, this method is the way to go! You don’t have to turn Bluetooth or anything on; you only need a USB lightning cable and an iPhone. We will connect the iPhone with the car through a wired connection.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to connect your iPhone with the car.
- Plug the lightning cable into your iPhone.
- Plug the USB side of the cable into your car.
- The car’s infotainment will ask for your permission; allow it, and you’re good to go.
This is a pretty easy way of connecting your iPhone with your car. Following these steps, you can CarPlay your iPhone and charge it at the same time.
Method #3: Using Bluetooth
This is for when you don’t own an expensive or new vehicle or are an old-school car lover. Although it is the only and limited way of connecting your iPhone with your car, it’s effective.
You will be restricted from a handful of features if your car hasn’t installed CarPlay or any other modern-day tech. This way, all you can do is stream music or listen to podcasts.
Here’s how you can do the same with the following steps.
- Turn Bluetooth on in your car.
- Do the same on your iPhone.
- In the Bluetooth settings, search for your car.
- When the car shows up, tap it to pair your iPhone with the car.
You’ve successfully paired your iPhone with the car’s system and can stream music and podcasts.
What if You’re Having Problems Pairing Your iPhone?
Not being able to connect your iPhone with your car’s infotainment system is a big problem. And it’s a common issue when you connect different devices to the same infotainment system. But luckily, this issue isn’t something that you can’t fix.
All you must do is unpair your car from your iPhone’s Bluetooth settings. After that, restart your iPhone and pair it again. This time, your iPhone will pair up without causing any issues.
What Is Apple CarPlay?
Apple CarPlay was introduced back in iPhone 5’s era to let its users use iPhone’s features on their cars. This was done to make the driving experience smoother and more convenient. Although CarPlay was buggy at launch, they completely fixed it with the launch of the iPhone 6 and, later, the iPhone 6 Plus.
There you have it. Pairing your iPhone with your car isn’t that hard compared to pairing it with other third-party hardware. However, if you cannot pair your iPhone, you can always try following the tips above, and you should be good to go. It always helps to solve the problem on your own.